Downloading, Installing a Playing a New Civ

Yes you can, depending on the mod it is either easy or somewhat difficult, you can always merge them however.

As long as the civ to add is modular, you should be able to simply add it, maybe you need to edit the art path (unless you keep the art in the same subdir as before).

If the civ to add is not modular, you should extract its definition from the other xml (using a diff tool e.g. winmerge) and create a modular version of it which you then add to Civ Gold. Certainly is more work than adding a modular one, but neither complicated nor time consuming when you know what you are doing.

I'm afraid that i don't really know what i'm supposed to do. I'll try though...

Do you know if you can add leaderheads to CIv Gold ?

I'm afraid that i don't really know what i'm supposed to do. I'll try though...

it is easy, look at how it is done in civ gold when you add additional civs :)

Do you know if you can add leaderheads to CIv Gold ?

yes, you can :D it requires some xml editing though, but it is rather easy to figure out

Hey, how do I upgrade civilizations from 3.17 to 3.19?

I am struggling with North Korea, Germany and Austria

Huh ? There should not be any upgrade needed. What are you talking about here ?

The xml did not change, so no changes are needed for all I can tell.

Every time I try to extract files I get a WinRAR diagnostics message that says that "the system cannot find the path specified" or "cannot create folder."
The path address looks like this C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Copy_Civ1\Copy Civ\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations

Huh ? There should not be any upgrade needed. What are you talking about here ?

The xml did not change, so no changes are needed for all I can tell.

Strange, I play RevDCM, where I have integrated Nazi-Germany, North Korea and Iran, but after the upgrade 3.19, the unit/building graphics turn pink in the game and game crashes...

Strange, I play RevDCM, where I have integrated Nazi-Germany, North Korea and Iran, but after the upgrade 3.19, the unit/building graphics turn pink in the game and game crashes...

You did upgrade RevDCM to a 3.19 compatible version, right ? using a 3.17 version of RevDCM imo this sounds like the most likely cause

I have a serious problem while trying to play with this mod. I mean, after installing Varietas Delectat (great mod!) everything went fine - I had all leaders, including Sobieski. Later on, I downloaded this Poland expansion, installed, but it doesn't work at all. I've got no new leaders (Casimir, Walesa). Any help? I've already tried changing the Civ4config file. It doesn't work. I'd be eternally grateful with any sort of help

Hiya everyone, please forgive me not reading the whole thread..

I have a Q. I have downloaded x2 new civs however the file that appears is just a single .RAR file. Is this correct and if so where should I put it?

I am a newbie to CIV and these forums so please spare me from the lions!

I have followed the instructions and cannot get any civilization (or any mod for that matter) to work. I've cleared the cache. I've tried editing the aforementioned config file. The mod gets loaded. I can tell this b/c it shows up both when the game starts in the status bar and again in the upper right hand corner in white text. However, when I go to actually play a game it fails to appear.

I'm having same issue as j3shafer. MODS load, but new civs don't show up. Very frustrating.
I've followed and done all the suggestions I've found on the forums. What am I missing?????
I'm running bts 3.19

ok i have a question I've been trying to install a "modular" civilization but i don't know where to put the files? do i add the files to a mod or just load it as a mod?

Hmmmmm...

I tried to download a new Civ mod for the first time but the file always gets messed up. Whenever I try to open it, it copies itself and shows up on the download browser, and when I click on the copy IT copies itself. So I really have no idea how to download this stuff. @_@

is there anyway that I can add the new civ's to the regular game, without having them in a mod? just cause some mods I want to play with my new civ's but I already have a mod loaded...

Do you know how to add BTS civs to the Earth 18 civ scenario? It has all the civs from the original civ 4 but I cant find a way to add any of the BTS civs to it.

In general, you should be able to start every scenario under "Custom scenario" and take the civs you want there. Then the scenario will start with these civs, but with random starting positions. Then you can open the world builder, drop new units for the civs at the right spots and delete the old ones, save it as scenario, and then you have it :).

It doesn't let me change any of the 18 civs in the custom scenario. I want to add a bunch more civs to it and it wont allow it.

Top Bottom