Downloads and Features

I don't know if it is just me or what, but whenever I try to download it from THIS SITE and attempt to run the program I get an error that the file isn't complete. Has anyone else had this issue?

I had that problem initially, but re-downloading it solved it for me. Hope you can get it to work!

Hmm, that's odd... Hopefully stmartin will pop back in here and figure it out. Right now the HoTK team is taking a break, but the last time they did, they still managed to run fixes on the files and all that stuff.

Hey, I just played my first tHofTK game and though it seems pretty dead around here I still had to stop by and thank the people responsible for the amazing job they have done here. I agree with the343danny that this mod deserve way more intention. I just can't believe that I didn't pick it up earlier. The scenario I am playing ('96 large) delivers fun like only a handful of scenarios out there can, I didn't think I could still enjoy Civ4 that much, Just-one-more-turn-syndrome at its best. Thanks for that :)
And all the historic info and accuracy... just awesome. I think I understand now why this time span is so popular in Chinese culture. Learned a lot and still learning! And most of all this mod really seems like a rounded up and finished project. Which is even rarer than being just a whole lot of fun.

Alright, that I think is enough sucking up for one day, here hoping something similar awesome can be pulled off for Civ V ;)

Hey, I just played my first tHofTK game and though it seems pretty dead around here I still had to stop by and thank the people responsible for the amazing job they have done here. I agree with the343danny that this mod deserve way more intention. I just can't believe that I didn't pick it up earlier. The scenario I am playing ('96 large) delivers fun like only a handful of scenarios out there can, I didn't think I could still enjoy Civ4 that much, Just-one-more-turn-syndrome at its best. Thanks for that :)
And all the historic info and accuracy... just awesome. I think I understand now why this time span is so popular in Chinese culture. Learned a lot and still learning! And most of all this mod really seems like a rounded up and finished project. Which is even rarer than being just a whole lot of fun.

Alright, that I think is enough sucking up for one day, here hoping something similar awesome can be pulled off for Civ V ;)

Yes we are still alive:lol:

Before CivV comes out, we will try to pull off another version of HoTK. In this version, hopefully we will achieve the following things:

fix them bugs;
tweak HoTK so it's more balanced;
make it easier to pick up for newcomers.

We have some great fans out here such as yourself, so it's our pleasure and responsibility to put some extra effort in this fine product.

Then CivV will come out, and it will be great for players and modders alike. I believe we will be interested to make a mod for it:)

I just want to chime in since I see new posts in this subforum :)

This is one of the great mod for Civ4 that I've enjoyed playing for hours. A big thank you for stmartin and team to create such an awesome mod, or should I say transform civ4 into an awesome game. Since stmartin has announce at least one last version before Civ5, I am looking forward to spending ridiculously more hours into this mod! :)

Nice, didn't expect a quick reply and that another version is on its way I didn't expect all the more. Great news, I am looking forward to it. :)
So does this mean it is welcomed if bugs / minor flaws like mixed up entries etc. are reported? I noticed a few of both along the way but didn't bother to post taking it for the finale release.

I just want to chime in since I see new posts in this subforum :)

This is one of the great mod for Civ4 that I've enjoyed playing for hours. A big thank you for stmartin and team to create such an awesome mod, or should I say transform civ4 into an awesome game. Since stmartin has announce at least one last version before Civ5, I am looking forward to spending ridiculously more hours into this mod! :)

it may take some time, may be in the end of August, so please be patient with us.

Nice, didn't expect a quick reply and that another version is on its way I didn't expect all the more. Great news, I am looking forward to it. :)
So does this mean it is welcomed if bugs / minor flaws like mixed up entries etc. are reported? I noticed a few of both along the way but didn't bother to post taking it for the finale release.

sure, please report any bugs you've found. If it's a crash to desktop then please attach save file as well.

I don't know if you remember me, I'm the guy that promised to make the wonder movies for your mod: I'm glad to see that you are planning a new version of this wonderful mod; in fact, even if it's long time I didn't entered the forums, I always checked if there were updates ^_^. If you are still interested I could try to finish the wonder movies: i know that I started a year ago but now I have more spare time and I'd like to help. Let me know what do you want to do.

@Sun Ce of Wu

Thanks. Of course I remembered. And Of course please make wonder movies! One thing though, would you consider saving those wonder movies for Civ5 Sanguo Mod? :)

Sorry for late response, but if I'm not wrong I've seen a civ5 screeshots of the oracle wonder, and it seems to be a static picture. I'll do the videos and upload them and them you can see what to do. PS: I'm uploading 4 new videos, I'll post the links in hte wonder movies thread

the 81_81 no city map is different, can u make a 81_81 no city map similar to 81_81 maps tt have city, plz

Well, it may be a little late and I don't know, if it's the correct thread for this, but:
HoTK is one of the best mods (alongside with Rise from Erebus) I ever played on a Civ-Game so far.
Although I have to admit, that I'm more into the Sengoku-Jidai, I really liked it.
The balance, the immersion, the features.
It reminds me of a better version of Romance of the three Kingdoms :)

I'm about to try this mod now, It looks awesome. Now that Civ V has come out and it's clear that its less balanced and not as good as Civ IV, so will you continue working on this mod?

Top Bottom