DR 01- The Greek Domination

OK Well in my turns, the peace treaty with Sapa will end on the last turn here is my timeline.

Turn1-----> Worker finishes mining, send S to begin roading, curragh goes NW twice

Turn2-----> Turn entertainer in Machu Picchu to work BG

Turn3-----> Worker begins roading a path to Thermopylae, worker finishes road SW of cattle. I found lots of fish around Hattusas with the curragh, 3 to be correct.

Turn4-----> Archers move closer towards the Choke point, curragh still exploring Hittite coastland, worker begins roading th get Sparta connected with Athens

Turn5-----> Writing is discovered, begin researching Code of Laws at 100, we will get it in 14 turns. No other civ has writing yet, do no want to trade it away. Dont wanna trade it for horseback riding, because we dont have any horses.

Turn6-----> Workers finishes mining, another finishes roading, worker is sent to ruins of Tiwanauka, other is sent to mine the BG, archer is built in athens, switch to hoplite

Turn7-----> Begin mining on BG, other worker finishes roading, goes to BG to help mining. Inca found Hamangua (sp?, but dammit anyways)

Turn8-----> According to our advisor we have a stong militart compared to the Inca, archers arrive to the choke point

Turn9----->Athens build hop, move it W2

Turn10---->Peace with Inca end in one

Whomever is next will have to finish off the Inca, as soon as peace ends, we have 2 warrior 4 (or 5) archer, and one hoplite. They have three cities. Also I started going for REP slingshot. We need that as well

I will upload the save in a few minutes got to go eat first

ghost

Nice turns. :thumbsup:

Didn't you say something about not being able to upload stuff?

If so, my email is formula51_@hotmail.com.

i dont need to email you, I uploaded the save and a screenine into the upload index, if you could post them that would be great (I cant because my computer freezes everytime I go to the index)

theyare named

SAVE: DR01_SG_1275BC.SAV

SCREENIE: greece.jpg

OK.

Here is the save

and the Screenie:

Looking good.

I assume that after code of laws, we go for philosophy at max. We probably have a good shot at being first at which point we can take Republic. We should probably sell Masonry or Mysticism to the Hittites for all his gold

We can also get Math from Portugal at some point - maybe once Philo is a lock, we can sell Writing

Some other things to consider - Athens will riot once it grows in 2 turns (I think), so we'll need to bump up the lux or hire a scientist. The workers NW of thermo should move west to road the wines to fix this once they're done. My vote wuold be to put Athens on settler after the current archer - we should be able to MM it to complete the settler and grow to 6 at the same time, which would be good. Watch Sparta to get the granary to complete before it grows (to 5 probably)

Other than that, looks good. MAcchu Picchu could change from warrior to something else if the other warrior made it back to town. Or it could build the 2nd warrior for extra protection.

Time to whup some Inca!! :ar15:

Yep, I agree with you about the tech situation.
Athens makes 9 spt @ size 4, so we'll be okay building a settler. ;)

We gotta get the wines though.

MP's warrior is scouting, as contacts are very important.

Only 7 more posts till title editing time :D

EDIT: and I've been here about 4 days. :lol:

lol I have been here for a year and only have 50 and a bit :D I mostly just read stuff, never replied, these forums are so helpful

now I am off to win The Age of Discovery, already have whooped Portugal, taken cubs and Southern U.S, just about to finish of the damn aztecs and take that gold they have lying around Tenochticlan :D:D:D, 3 treasure per turn on each w00t!

Do you still need another player? If so I'll join.

As a matter of fact

WE DO, welcome aboard mate, just wait for Dragon to add you to the roster, so you will probably be after Regoarrarr. Greece will conquer the world!!!!!!!!! :devil2: :satan: :devil2: :satan:

TimBentley is right, you should avoid selling writing until after you research philosophy.

@Formula51 - I believe the criteria for editing your title is 30 posts and 30 days registered. That was true when I changed mine a few weeks ago.

@ghostbuster, re: trouble with uploads - have you tried attaching your files to the post instead of uploading directly to the server?

Pending my addition to the roster becoming official, I will look at the save and see what I can come up with. :)

EDIT- Some observations:

Masonry should be sold to the Hittites for 57g to boost the treasury.

Athens should build a warrior for MP duty. This would allow luxes to stay at 0% when Athens is size 5.

More workers are needed. You can never have enough workers. ;)

Corinth is in serious danger of flipping. Corihua..... (I hate Incan names) needs to be razed asap.

Machu Picchu is wasting all but 1 shield and 1 commerce, but is working a forest. It should concentrate on food, so work a grass tile instead.

Instead of a temple, Thermopylae would be better off by switching to a granary, then building a settler to extend the borders over the cow. This is shown in this image:

I'll take the save next, and slot in Zakharov at the end of the order. Man, you guys really move fast. I should take this today, as I have absolutely nothing to do after school until 6:30. Have we hooked up iron yet? If not, why? we should definitely be building swords as they will finish the inca off no problem. We will probably loose Maccu Piccu, though. I think I'll declare when i can put together a mini-SOD.
Roster
Formula 51
DragonRunner-UP!
Ghostbuster- just played, switched
Regoarrarr- just played
Zakharov

Zakharov said:
TimBentley is right, you should avoid selling writing until after you research philosophy.

Probably a good idea.

Zakharov said:
Masonry should be sold to the Hittites for 57g to boost the treasury.

Definitely agree - I thought that I had mentioned this in my last post, but maybe I forgot.

Zakharov said:
Athens should build a warrior for MP duty. This would allow luxes to stay at 0% when Athens is size 5.

Disagree here. I'd rather bump the lux tax for the 3 turns it takes to road the wines than build a warrior just for MP. If we need a warrior for another reason (i.e. to later upgrade to swordsman) then that's a different story.

Zakharov said:
More workers are needed. You can never have enough workers. ;)

Agree again.

Zakharov said:
Corinth is in serious danger of flipping. Corihua..... (I hate Incan names) needs to be razed asap.

Also agree - I signed us up for 20 turns of peace with Inca oh about....20 turns ago :hammer: so we should be taking care of that problem. I do agree that building Corinth so close to the Inca city was :smoke:, unless the Incan city wasn't there yet or couldn't be seen in the fog.

Zakharov said:
Machu Picchu is wasting all but 1 shield and 1 commerce, but is working a forest. It should concentrate on food, so work a grass tile instead.

Good catch. I think we should keep M.P., even when we declare, especially if we build the warrior that will complete in 1 and move the other warrior that is 2 squares to the west back in as a garrison - there's no way they're going to have the military to take the town.

Zakharov said:
Instead of a temple, Thermopylae would be better off by switching to a granary, then building a settler to extend the borders over the cow. This is shown in this image:

Also agree we don't need a temple here, but I might also vote for a barracks. A granary isn't a bad idea though. But if it does produce a settler, it probably won't go there - that spot should be settled by the settler that is produced in Athens once it finishes its archer.

@DragonRunner - you probably won't get the luxury of building up a SoD. Once our 20 turns runs out, the Inca will probably dial us up and ask us to extend. Your options then will be agree, locking us in to 20 more turns, or declare that turn. But I think that the units on the Corinthian border are plenty. They can't have much of a defense and we've got (IIRC) 4 archers and 3 warriors, which should be plenty.

Agree on hooking up the iron. That and the wines should be your top worker priorities in your turn.

I can probably play tonight, assuming that you post your turns sometime in the evening. I'm on deck, right, since Ghostbuster just played?

@regoarrarr: You did indeed mention the trade with the Hittites. I missed that whilst skimming 4 pages of posts to catch up.

As for the suggested warrior in Athens, if we plan on producing a settler after the archer, then you are right that it would be best to use the luxury slider instead. The settler would reduce the pop before Athens gets to size 6, but I do think a second MP unit will be needed there eventually.

Btw, I like the way those smilies have lined up, with the yellow one smacking the green one on the head. :lol:

Zakharov said:
@regoarrarr: You did indeed mention the trade with the Hittites. I missed that whilst skimming 4 pages of posts to catch up.
Good to know I'm not going senile! :lol:

As for Athens, once we get the wines hooked up, it will have 2 happies (wines and silks), plus the 3 contents from Monarch, so it can grow to size 7 with no MP. Since we'll hopefully have Republic within 10-15 turns, we may not need any more MP. But we'll have to watch that, you are right.

Which brings up an interesting question for the team - assuming we do get Philo first and pick up Republic, how soon do we want to revolt? We might not want to revolt right away (or do we), but with 2 luxes and given that we are commercial, we probably want to get there sooner rather than later.

I built corinth there because it was a good city spot, and I anticipated that we'd KO the incans soon. And, since they haven't any culture other than their capital, the flip risk is nominal. The city also fit in with a dotmap I made, and I really hate razing and replacing cities. Plus, It'll be a very good forward base. (1 tile from incan city)

I thought the temple build in thermopylae should be, and would be vetoed.

Nice job on lining up the smilies, BTW. :D

EDIT: I think we'd want to revolt as soon as we :hammer: the incans.

I didn't realise we were so close to Republic. In that case I have changed my mind; we don't need any more MP units as they don't have any effect under a Republic government. The lux slider will suffice in the meantime.

According to CRpMapStat, Corinth has a 0.233% chance of flipping and requires 6 units to bring that down to 0%. Machu Picchu has a 0.811% chance and requires 5 units. I know these numbers are small but I have seen cities flip with probabilities lower than this! They are not at risk due to culture, it's because a foreign city owns tiles within the 21 tile radius of these 2 cities.

Yeah the plan is to get Philosophy @ max after CoL comes in, and hopefully we will be first and choose Republic as our free tech.

As for flips, I guess that just means that we'll have to drop the hammer :hammer: that much quicker - I hope not to have to see any pinkish purply blights on the map once it's my turn!

QUOTE=reogarrarr[
@DragonRunner - you probably won't get the luxury of building up a SoD. QUOTE]
Yeah, I meant maybe 5 or 6 archers w/ warrior/hoplite support. Bump up the Lux slider, conquer the inca, then revolt to republic. Got it.

Top Bottom