• Yes! It is my favorite activity.

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • On occasion

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 70 51.1%

• Total voters
Bluemofia said:
No I'm not. The smell almost made me throw up.

The thought of consuming Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast) feces isn't appealing to me.
Someone once told me that beer is an acquired taste, but once you acquire it, you love it. This was back when I hated the smell/taste of beer too.

Proven to be true thus far. :D

One day I will have a civ vorspiel. It's not altogether social though, it gets boring to drink all alone while playing civ. :(

Maybe we should work this into the next variant.
How about this as the next Who are tu' variant
The Jerry Thomas aka Father of modern day bartending, Tom (Collins) Club (Soda)'s returns with a twist.

Automated workers AND 'Slinger mode! Check ID's at the door. :lol:

Whomp said:
Maybe we should work this into the next variant.
How about this as the next Who are tu' variant
The Jerry Thomas aka Father of modern day bartending, Tom (Collins) Club (Soda)'s returns with a twist.

Automated workers AND 'Slinger mode! Check ID's at the door. :lol:
you call it, ill get the :beer: and the :crazyeye:

SesnOfWthr said:
How about a shot everytime you cave to a demand?

Or a guzzle when someone declares on you?

We can make this get out of hand really easy ..... :beer:

I like the caving to a demand rule. The DOW is there already. Perhaps, revise the demand to a guzzle on hte demand and cave and a shot if the DOW happens.

Interesting...I regularly have drinks on standby while playing long-winded strategy games. Never once considered a proper drinking rules, usually just drink and play and sing to my hearts content.

soul_warrior said:
you call it, ill get the :beer: and the :crazyeye:
If Barbslinger is in I'll start it up! My poor girlfriend is going to love this one! :p

Whoa, if you guys are really starting a game like this, I gotta be in too.

I guess it would be honor system, but I imagine that you could prolly tell from the logs if people are adhering. :lol:

Oh Boy! I'll have to go to Costco to stock up on supplies for this.
Bugsy may be interested too. I think he enjoys a few. Possibly a space race to provide longer turns near the end for extra imbibing. Put me last so the turns take longer. It will probably take a while because most of us could only be at a proper performance level on the weekends.

Cannot imagine civ without a beer or a good whiskey at the weekend. There is nothing better to relax and forget about work. :) If there is not the Irish or Scottish tribe in civ 4 I won't buy it.

I'll have to say no to the drinking during Civ, but than I don't drink at all. Learned when I was younger that alcohol made me violent (yeah, I was one of those) so I don't touch the stuff at all. Plus I have grown to hate the taste (once a year sips of wine as a toast). I used to visit MJ a lot but am married now and can't afford the risk. Never thought about smoking up while playing Civ. Granted that would have been back during CivII I think (back in the mid to late 90's).

Now it's give me a pepsi and load up the game!

Methos said:
I'll have to say no to the drinking during Civ, but than I don't drink at all. Learned when I was younger that alcohol made me violent (yeah, I was one of those) so I don't touch the stuff at all. Plus I have grown to hate the taste (once a year sips of wine as a toast). I used to visit MJ a lot but am married now and can't afford the risk. Never thought about smoking up while playing Civ. Granted that would have been back during CivII I think (back in the mid to late 90's).

Now it's give me a pepsi and load up the game!

I definitely recommend the MJ while playing; it breaks down that final barrier between Civ and reality.

I can't stand the whisky (had a few stupid experiences with it during undergrad ;) ) but a beer or two is just the thing to accompany a nice game of civ.

Good job on the rules, but I'd have to swap out the shot of whisky with funneling half a beer or something. :lol:

Ill let the Lounge music play, open then balcony doors, roll me few spliffies and get a cool 8% vol. Six pack...
Fire up a monarch game and get on with it...
And I ALWAYS loose track of my workers... But other from that it's like when playing sober...
Tonite tho im gonna go for the rules above and see what happens!

Arrr Civ II days when me and the military advisor would toast victory after victory ... and then he stopped showing up :hmm: ... had to settle for elvis telling me that 'I'm da Man' :beer: and :smoke: ... Damn those wonder movies were fantastic :lol:

Oh, bad idea if you're drunk. If one of the advisors is complimenting you, there's a possibility of you breaking down in tears and declaring that he's your best friend and that he's always been there for you.

The opposite may apply if an advisor is angry about your policies. A drunken argument may break out between you and the computer, before you start a brawl because it's just saying the same things over and over.

Top Bottom