Dual leader first look Gorgo [Greece]

First thought: Cool, nice to have multiple leaders and Gorgo confirmed. :)

Second thought: Nice that it sounds like their focus with multiple leaders is to encourage distinct playstyles. :clap:

Third thought: Wow, two Greek leaders and 0 Alexanders! Approved! :beer:

Final thought: Along with 300, this is really going to reinforce that notion that somehow ancient Sparta was an egalitarian paradise. :splat:

I feel the same! Just culture for killing a enemy? Don't get me wrong I love they brought back multiple leaders, Gorgo doesn't look too distinct to me thou!

I expected more uniqueness!

Still,as I said, very happy they finally revealed it!

I don't get this. Some of you are just never gonna be satisfied :( We knew Gorgo and Pericles share UI, UA and UU, and they differ in LUA. And they really do differ in LUA. What did you expect?

Pericles has culture from CS, she has culture from kills. Other alternate leaders might differ in focus, these differ in paths.

I don't get this. Some of you are just never gonna be satisfied :( We knew Gorgo and Pericles share UI, UA and UU, and they differ in LUA. And they really do differ in LUA. What did you expect?

Pericles has culture from CS, she has culture from kills. Other alternate leaders might differ in focus, these differ in paths.

Yeah, this is exactly what people should have expected from multiple leaders. I don't really get the complaints either.

Well I'm deeply sorry for Pericles, but I'll play with Gorgo :cool:

It's going to be really cool to have both Athens and Sparta!!! in the same game.

I hope they tune the hoplite shields.

Finally its official, so now the question is will Greece's capital changes to Sparta when we play as Gorgo?

You can see that Sparta is the capital in the video.

Personally I think the choice of Gorgo as the only additional leader in the vanilla game is ridiculous. Firstly it seems uneven (makes your game seem very incomplete unless you get DLC), and why of all civs does Greece get a second leader? Also, I still think this leader choice is atrocious (they talk about her being a queen, but make no mention of her only being a consort).

So she is in a base game and not bundled in a scenario-DLC? Kinda surprised, but ok. Still would prefer Leonidas or Alexander for military-themed Greece

Yep, that would have made a lot more sense. I suppose they wanted a break from Alexander though, which is understandable.

Last edited:
My only regret is that they didn't throw responsible historicism to the wind and just depict her in armor.

Well, she's officially the most attractive woman in the roster.

It was mentioned in another thread that part of her agenda involves hating civs who have never gone to war, which I think is really interesting.

Wow I said don't get me wrong I am not unsatisfied on the contrary I very happy they brought back multiple leaders and Gorgo looks awesome! I just made an observation!

You can see that Sparta is the capital in the video.

Personally I think the choice of Gorgo as the only additional leader in the vanilla game is ridiculous. Firstly it seems uneven (makes your game seem very incomplete unless you get DLC), and why of all civs does Greece get a second leader? Also, I still think this leader choice is atrocious (they talk about her being a queen, but make no mention of her only being a consort).
Greece easily makes the most sense as having 2 leaders, because it was divided in its Golden Age. And the nature of those divisions is fairly well known.(ie pop history knowledge)

Top Bottom