Dwarf Fortress

Or place a layer of traps near the fortress entrance. The goblin snatchers seem to get caught in them like regular goblins in the current version. Maybe toady has overlooked something.

Now I just realized that my fortress had a fatal flaw -- an unexpected entrance which I didn't realize existed.

One more question: How do you separate a mother and her babies? Or do you not?

You can't. Except maybe by her getting attacked.

Which means locking her in a room that has a pit all around it and a single path in the middle. You let out a captured mean animal and she drops the baby into the pit and you quickly seal him off.

Also, how exactly do you trade with the caravans? I manage to request things, but then when they say, "let's discuss what we are willing to offer for your craftsdwarfship", and I press Enter, nothing seems to happen...

After that line they should continue the meeting and shortly after, provide you their wishlist for the next year.

Also, how exactly do you trade with the caravans? I manage to request things, but then when they say, "let's discuss what we are willing to offer for your craftsdwarfship", and I press Enter, nothing seems to happen...

If your looking for how to trade for the *current* items the caravan has.. it's all done VIA the trade depot. Just select it with "q" like any other building and you should see the relevant options.

If the traders are there.

After that line they should continue the meeting and shortly after, provide you their wishlist for the next year.

Oh, that's a wishlist? I guess I should have built that stuff...

If your looking for how to trade for the *current* items the caravan has.. it's all done VIA the trade depot. Just select it with "q" like any other building and you should see the relevant options.

If the traders are there.

Well, I've seen the "g" button for bringing items to the depot, and the "t" for trade, but it's grayed out.

Well, I've seen the "g" button for bringing items to the depot, and the "t" for trade, but it's grayed out.

In the most recent version you need your trader at the depot to trade items (once you move your own stuff there with "g"). There should be an option to request trader at depot.

Also remember that in order to do anything the caravan must have been to the depot and unpacked. If they aren't there then you can't trade anything.

OK, because my leader always seems to meet with the liason elsewhere, away from the depot. How should I get him to go to the depot instead? Will the request trader to depot button do that?

OK, because my leader always seems to meet with the liason elsewhere, away from the depot. How should I get him to go to the depot instead?

You can try making someone else your trader (and vice versa) or set it to "anyone can trade." A dedicated trader will get you better deals, but it's not needed.

Yeah :(

Dwarves are a pain in the royal buttucks when you want them to do something. It's almost like they hate us, life, the universe, and everything.

They don't hate alcohol! ;)

In other news. I have to restart my version of the DF game. I had to reformat and forgot to back it up.

XD

Dwarf Fort has so many ways to solve problems. Most games give you a few pre-designed options (or usually just one). I read a report where someone had channelled the river into a kobold fort and suceded in drowning most of them (and there were a lot of kobolds and they were breeding quickly too) and his military killed most of the survivors.

I'd be ready to play another 2 years, but it feels kind of pointless when I've yet to see what others have come up with.

That's a pity. My PC gets very laggy after 150.

So far I am attempting to get water to my farm area. I may just have to move it. I usually like keeping the farm near the food stores and dining hall. I dug straight down from the wagon.

Is the magma near that microline?

Top Bottom