Dying early

unclethrill

Why am I up right now?
In a test game for the GOTM, I had a weird occurrence and was wondering if this is normal.

I had my capital taken over (only had 1 city) early on. It was maybe T70ish. Instead of ending the game, as I'm used to, It gave me the option to become another leader or something else (can't remember the terminology). I choose the other choice (not become Gandhi) and it gave me a new settler in some other part of the map to start over but not a new game. It was still the same turn so I could basically continue playing but was now 70 or so turns behind the AI. Is this normal? What option was it that allowed this?

So the choices were Become Gandhi, None and <ok>

Choosing <ok> gives me a settler and a Lion. Choosing none gives me just the Lion. I'm not really sure what that is all about but I'd love to find out!

Actually, you can not only choose Gandhi but also between the other AI civs that are in game. At least it was this way when I got defeated.

In a test game for the GOTM, I had a weird occurrence and was wondering if this is normal.

I had my capital taken over (only had 1 city) early on. It was maybe T70ish. Instead of ending the game, as I'm used to, It gave me the option to become another leader or something else (can't remember the terminology). I choose the other choice (not become Gandhi) and it gave me a new settler in some other part of the map to start over but not a new game. It was still the same turn so I could basically continue playing but was now 70 or so turns behind the AI. Is this normal? What option was it that allowed this?

I think this is part of the gameplay by design but I'm not sure if its by the game or the mod or which part of the mod. I actually started a game where I left my city undefended while exploring with my initial warrior. I decided to battle a civ I ran into and lost. It was in close proximity to my capital (and only city) so it bee-lined for it and took it. At that point I was given the same choices as you. I thought that was pretty nifty.

I've just been newly introduced to this mod but I'm enjoying it much!

Top Bottom