Dynamic Civ Names

Hi guys,

there is a new version of DCN included in CCV 4.x! This version offers you some new cool names and this version can work also with other languages than English. It's done for English and German in CCV.
You desire an example of the new DCN? Okay. If playing CCV with the assimilation option the most crazy name you can generate is the Holy XY Empire of YZ Nation. :D

And CCV offers you also a new feature of mine that was once known as Advanced Dynamic Naming and now as Dynamic Civ Nation. This mod requires the Dynamic Civ Names and makes also the nation and flag dynamic.
So for example the Romans start as Romans in ancient times but will end as Italian in modern times. Germanics will become German, Anglosaxian become English and British, Sumerian become Babylonian become... I think you see what I've done. And to make it look better the flag will change too. Not just the nation and name... :D

As a result Sumeria and Holy Roman as a playable civ have left CCV.

Give CCV a chance. Enjoy.

Yours
Thomas SG

Was a stand-alone option for 3.19 ever made/released? Having to extract it from a completed modcomp isn't a very tantalizing concept.

Oh well. I've been trying to do extract it from RevDCM, but it crashes when loading XML. Not quite sure why, it says something about how it can't load PlayerOptionInfos and GraphicOptionInfos.

Did you get the changes as well from the source code (cvgamecoredll).

I don't think they are all labelled correctly.. Some say RevDCM or so and others say Dynamic Civ Names and there are like 50 files to go through.

I gave up trying to fight it and just based my mod off RevDCM with the stuff that I felt totally changes the game disabled.

Well, I got the game to load those files, but now I get a runtime error in the Loading XML phase.

Ok, so rather than try to extract it, I just merged RevDCM. I actually completely remade the main naming conditions (for example, running Despotism and State Property gives you Dictatorship of the %s Proletariat, and being a vassal and running Police State gets you %s Puppet State), customizing them to my liking.

However, I have four questions:

First, I would like to add a religious descriptor (like maybe Christian Spanish Empire or Hindu Republic of India). How would I go about doing this?
Ok, I got it working, but cheaply. I had to remove the TXT_KEY_xyz_ADJECTIVE and just replace it with the adjective.

Secondly, I added some names for anarchy (like %s Fascist Faction and %s Communist Faction). However, there is an issue. After it switches to those names, it doesn't switch back. Is there a way to make the names switch after coming out of anarchy? I suppose its probably possible to force it to check every turn, but A) wouldn't that slow the game down, and B) I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

Thirdly, I want to add some names for the Nationhood civic (Like Nationalist Chinese Republic), but how do I go about doing that? I tried the regular check isCivic, but that didn't work. This ones probably my bad, I may have fluffed up the syntax.
Yeah, was my fault, got this working now.

Finally, is there a way to get the Master's name when you're a vassal? I'd like to include that in the name too, like German Duchy of France of Spanish Viceroyalty of The Aztecs. Speaking of vassals, is there a way to check if a civ is a colony, not just a regular vassal? It would be nice to have the civ noted as a colony instead of a standard vassal.

Does anyone know how to change this modcomp so that only the AI's names change, and not the player's? I want to have my own custom civ names I can set myself.

Add a line in the code to check if the player is human.

....PONIES. PONIES EVERYWHERE! MAKE IT STOP!

Okay, so I'm confused. Let me post a few basic questions and see if you can lead me through it...:

The latest version of Civ IV is BTS 3.19. This is what I have, this is what most people use. (I'm on Windows)

Is there a download that just adds these "dynamic names" to the basic 3.19 installation for those of us not interested in playing mega-mods to just get to this "dynamic name" functionality.

In fact, "dynamic names" is a pretty small and contained addition. It would be great if you could just drop it in, making it work even when you select to run those various other mods I'm sure we all have downloaded over the years.

My questions:
1. What do I need (in terms of Civ software) to use this mod? (I mean in exact detail?)
2. Can I use it with other mods? (If not, what are the limitations?)

Thanks

PS. And oh, 3. If I just want to change the names of computer opponents (the leader name and/or the civilization name) myself, is there a way to do that? I mean either to "manually" reproduce the effects of this mod, or simply to differentiate when you wish to play with two Saladin of Arabias (since several messages refer to opponent by name only, having different coloring isn't enough in all cases).

I also was wondering if there is a way to install this on BTS 3.19 without having to install the Revolutions Mod.

I know this is a old thread. But I just want to say that Dynamic civ mod does not work with the latest caveman to cosmos ver 31. I'm actually using the SVN now though so for me is version 31 +. Is there anyway the author of the mod can update the dynamic civ mod to work with the new civics so the civilization names change? I got dynamic civ mod component turn on in the bug menu in caveman to cosmos and my country name gets stuck at provisional goverment does not changes names like its suppose to do. Its usually when I switch from caste to Despotism and also to monarchy.

Any responce I will apreciate. Thanks!

I know this is a old thread. But I just want to say that Dynamic civ mod does not work with the latest caveman to cosmos ver 31. I'm actually using the SVN now though so for me is version 31 +. Is there anyway the author of the mod can update the dynamic civ mod to work with the new civics so the civilization names change? I got dynamic civ mod component turn on in the bug menu in caveman to cosmos and my country name gets stuck at provisional goverment does not changes names like its suppose to do. Its usually when I switch from caste to Despotism and also to monarchy.

Any responce I will apreciate. Thanks!

Caveman2Cosmos uses a modified version of this mod which means you should post problems there rather than here.

Caveman2Cosmos uses a modified version of this mod which means you should post problems there rather than here.

I did but in the general section of cavemen to cosmos. I asked a question. I got an answer to the first problem I had but no responce for this specific problem, so I figured I'd try here instead. You can look through my profile posts to find it.

Top Bottom