Earning Achievements While Using Mods

BjoernLars

Warlord
I just got back into playing CiV after a long hiatus and I am enjoying it again after all the patches.

What I am curious about is Earning Achievements while Using Mods.

In my first game back I was playing as Korea while using the Emigration and the Gradual Research Mod. I ended up earning "The Choson One" Achievement for beating a game as Korea. As I was looking through the lists, I saw that "Discover El Derado" is a new achievement (to me). Even though I discovered it in the same game, I didn't earn the Achievement.

I was wondering if anyone had some official documentation on what the rules are for using Mods in regards to Earning Achievements.

Thanks

I've been wanting to ask this question before as well. I use two mods (Info Addict, City State Leaders) and have won many games but the respective achievement fails to unlock. So I stopped using those mods in my two games curious to see if they unlock or not.

-Mark

I use InfoAddict on so many games
It didn't give me the achievments :sad:
This is such a great mod it should be built into the game

I use InfoAddict on so many games
It didn't give me the achievments :sad:
This is such a great mod it should be built into the game

Yea, I like InfoAddict too, as well as a couple of other simple mods -- such as Perfect World 3. I learned the hard way that you don't get achievements -- or even generate points towards (such as tiles purchased, trees chopped, etc.) if you're using any mods.:gripe:

It would be cool if there were a few mods that still allow you to earn achievements, I understand why they don't. After all, some could give legitimate advantages you wouldn't get with other players and achievements are a competition against everyone (Steam keeps track of global achievements).

I've found a workaround solution for this... but it still involves huge re-coding of the Front-End to allocate transit DB tracking functions.
The LeoPaRd mod simply mimics the Steam pool of "calls" directed at a runtime Logger.

The only problem remaining is a ModBuddy tie in with the currently hidden DLL "declarations" that push internal poking slots *AT* some specific custom stacks of the (final and unpatched) executable.

Still working at it -- alone. :)

I've found a workaround solution for this... but it still involves huge re-coding of the Front-End to allocate transit DB tracking functions.
The LeoPaRd mod simply mimics the Steam pool of "calls" directed at a runtime Logger.

The only problem remaining is a ModBuddy tie in with the currently hidden DLL "declarations" that push internal poking slots *AT* some specific custom stacks of the (final and unpatched) executable.

Still working at it -- alone. :)

hmmm, interesting. so i guess that, potentially, you could make a mod to just give you all or most of the achievements, or at least make them a lot easier to get.

Top Bottom