Earth 1000AD and The Medieval Age [BtS]

In the BtS 3.17 version of Earth 1000 AD and the Medieval Age it seems that playing the Kingdom of Armenia produces a problem similar to the one described for the Byzantines above. Might want to fix both at once. Both Armenia and the Fatimids seem to be set for a default Deity level - was that intended? Easy to change, just asking. Others seem to be set to Noble or Prince (I generally bump to Monarch since CIV 4 AI is so weak in militarily -oriented scenarios). Also, time is set to normal ... any ill effects from playing it slower on epic?

You can't change the gamespeed because it will mess up the events right now but I'll probably fix it so you can either play on Epic of normal or I'll just make my own Gamespeed for it.

Playing the Abassid Caliphate if you try to build an Arabian Maceman in a city it causes a game crash. Missing file link, perhaps?

Can you comment on your implementation the plague? When it occurs it calls out four plague turns during which cities that complete a build can research a cure. Cure completes in one turn then asks for more one turn builds. Only rarely does a message occur saying a cure was found, which does not seem to guarantee no recurrence. Once four plague turns expire they generally recur quickly. Is this working the way you want it to and what exactly has to be done to complete a cure that lasts? Is there value in researching it in multiple cities at once? It seems odd to me and I've had to abandon some games because of it.

Hi,

Just D/L ed the scenario i unzipped it into the bts mods folder but the game crashes when i try to load the mod. Have i zipped it into the wrong place?

Thanks, Pat

You need to be sure you are on BtS 3.17 and unzip into the BtS Mods folder. You don't execute from the downloaded icon that appears in there (as you do for some scenarios), but start the game, select Advanced, then Load a Mod, then select the correct Seal 1000 AD Mod. At next screen select Play a Scenario and select the Seal 1000 AD one (at the top).

This is one of the issues with downloading scenarios ... there are various different ways to execute them properly and unless the poster gives explicit instructions (as above) you have to try different methods to see what works.

I am also having problems with the plague. It is year 1600 and I am still getting the plague every four turns. The research doesn't seem to do anything to stop the plague. Can you comment on what is supposed to happen or what I should be doing?

Would it be possible for you to add victory conditions? For example, France's or England's victory condition would be to capture Jerusalem, etc.

Is there anyway to move the scoreboard up/down? Or perhaps have a scroll bar? Im currently at war but i cant contact the civ to talk to them! Ive got them beat enough for capitulation im sure, but i cant contact them because theyre too far up the board that i can't see them!

Is there anyway to move the scoreboard up/down? Or perhaps have a scroll bar? Im currently at war but i cant contact the civ to talk to them! Ive got them beat enough for capitulation im sure, but i cant contact them because theyre too far up the board that i can't see them!

Try using the Foreign Adviser instead....

Hi,

I started your scenario the first time and 2 things I have to request:
1. please change the name of "L’anse aux meadows" to "Leifsbudir"
check it here at year 1001 :)
2. please change terrain and establish a city for the norwegians at greenland. In these times, the south west coast of greenland was green (so, the name.. )

Seal,

Any idea when you will transfer the scenario to a larger map?
I recall you saying you were planning to use a larger one.

I just play on GEM and yeah, despite loving your scenario, once you switch to GEM it is way too hard to go back to smaller maps...

Your scenario would definitely benefit from a larger map, with more civs!

I just upgraded my own mod to include 48 civs, and I think that yours, with the Plague, Crusades etc, would be outstanding if it were to get a better map that could allow over 40 civs.

Any plan to do such a transfer or to use the GEM as base map?

Thanks and keep up your good work :)

Navy Seal: Thanks for including Armenia in your scenario. But WHY Manizkert and who is Landulf VII? He was reigning in Capua, has nothing to do with Armenia. Here is the basic timeline circa 1000 AD:

Armenian Kingdom:

884-890 Reign of Ashot I, Bagratuni dynasty
890-914 Reign of Smbat I
914-929 Reign of Ashot II
916 Cathedral of Aghtamar constructed
950-1000 Grigor Narekatsi, mystical poet and theologian
961 Founding of Ani, capital of Armenia
970-990 Reign of Smbat II
1000 - 1499
985-1001 Construction of Ani Cathedral
990-1020 Reign of Gagik I
11th-14th centuries Byzantine Greeks invade Armenia from west, Seljuk Turks from east.
1041-1048 Seljuk invasion of Armenia
1042-1080 Armenian migration to Cilicia
1045 Fall of Bagratuni dynasty
1071 Battle of Manzikert, Seljuk occupation of Armenia

Navy Seal: Thanks for including Armenia in your scenario. But WHY Manizkert and who is Landulf VII? He was reigning in Capua, has nothing to do with Armenia.

I think 'Armenia' in the scenario refers to Little Armenia, a Crusader kingdom.;)

The byzantines do not work.

They're "button dashboard" with the unit action selections, diplomacy name list, etc is blank (non existent); it's entirely blank for them except for the map, names, and units.

Top Bottom