Earth Mana

it's nice if you stock it up and spam mines, but I still consider it too dependant on pure luck to be worthwhile. still, it's pretty awesome when you pop up mithril as that can be quite rare on most maps :D

yep, that's the one. and my avatar is Pennywise symbol of course. actually I like Bad Religion the most, but the crossbuster symbol is often frowned upon and doesn't make for a good avatar on most forums :lol:

I have four sources in a current game as the Khazad and well over 50 mines. In 100 turns or so I've popped three or four resources. Just trying to rush Mithril so my next pop can be that ;)

I think 1 earth mana is strong. (passive effect)
each added earth mana is less strong than the previous.
many earth manas is many strong !!

for you may think you discovered 3-4 ressources in 100 turns.
maybe you have discovered 6 ressources : you won't know if the mithril or gunpowder you discover while reaching the tech was here at the world creation or if it popped due to earth mana and your miners didn't know what it was so it was not reported !

and those discovery, especially if you work a lot of mines, are not game changing but very very nice. discovering iron or copper only improves on the mining industry. gold or gems are more a tradeof as it is super nice but it can mess with your city speciallisation.

when I don't have new adepts in range and I am currently at peace and don't plan for a war, with enough buffer/combat adept-mages, I like to dispel all nodes and make them earth nodes, even for 10-20 turns.

If you raze a mine and build a new one, do you get a new chance to pop a resource?

The chance to find new minerals is each turn, not each time a mine is built. Destroying and rebuilding mines is pointless.

Also, note that new minerals can be found even if you don't have access to any Earth mana. Earth mana just increases the chance. For that reason I like to build mines early and often, but rarely bother stockpiling Earth mana.

The chance to find new minerals is each turn, not each time a mine is built. Destroying and rebuilding mines is pointless.

Also, note that new minerals can be found even if you don't have access to any Earth mana. Earth mana just increases the chance. For that reason I like to build mines early and often, but rarely bother stockpiling Earth mana.
Oh, sweet. I always thought that it was a one-time chance upon building a mine. So I can build mines upon mines and then stockpile earth mana and (hopefully) have minerals popping up?

If that's so; Neat. Because I was thinking of trying out Kandros Fir/Khazad and completely ignore magic aside of the very basics, and was thinking of simply spamming Earth nodes.

So I can build mines upon mines and then stockpile earth mana and (hopefully) have minerals popping up?
Yup.

If that's so; Neat. Because I was thinking of trying out Kandros Fir/Khazad and completely ignore magic aside of the very basics, and was thinking of simply spamming Earth nodes.
If you do that, make sure you go for Dwarven Druids, because they have Earth affinity. :)

welll no earth mana is 5 chances on 10000 per worked mine per turn.
1 earth mana is 5 chances on 1000 : x10 more chances
2 earth mana is 10 chances on 1000 : x2more chances
3earths manas is 15 chances on 1000 : x1,5 more chances...etc

maybe I messed with the numbers but you get the idea.

Top Bottom