Earth_realsimV1-18 civ realistic and balance game play is the aim

Had a xml error few times, seems to be gone now though..

Yeah, still no diplo text.....someone please advise?

Bobby-boy said:
HI gyus.I play this map eight hours and I want to say that's it's realy very good thing,But i have a problem,maybe someone have any solution for that.
While playing for China on prince level and always on year 40AC i get message about error and game is shuting down.:confused: :confused:

Resolved the XML prob, was conflicting with another add-on. Reinstalled and only added this one with it. But indeed, I am having the same problem as the man up.

So, no one has any clue then?

Nice Map

One comment, I tried to play Arabia twice, the Barbarians are out of Control.

They are all all over the place taking over everything.

Babalon is like Fort Knox. they just seem too strong. I'm using the Realism
Map 1.4.

Very difficult in the Middle East.

i always play with arabia and i take over the barbs pretty easy on noble... so you might wanna lower the difficulty level...

geebo said:
i always play with arabia and i take over the barbs pretty easy on noble... so you might wanna lower the difficulty level...

I have been playing on Noble and the Barbs have taken over several civ's and Babylon is almost impossible to over take.

cdcool said:
I have been playing on Noble and the Barbs have taken over several civ's and Babylon is almost impossible to over take.

1.4.1 version of the map seems a whole lot better. :)

just have to say wow... very nicely done but very unforgiving if you don't play it agressive enough. In my first game [Egyptian] I didn't seek out and destroy the barbs with the exception of the one directly to the south. Of course what i didn't realize is that there were so many larger and stronger barb nations all over the continent that soon were coming up in so many swarms it was a losing battle just to keep them from wiping out all my improvements and such while maintaining a relatively strong army and push them back. In the end.. yeah well.. I learned my lesson. Only way to suceed at this is to leave my city temporarily unprotected, lash out immediately with my lone warrior while producing some more, and thrash-heal-repeat. Unfortunately I have Great Zimbabwe and Kongo are so forgiving.

Doesn't seem that the Malinese are as lucky, they have been wiped out by the barbarians hordes in EVERY game I have played and usually within 15-20 rounds if I am not so agressive. That being the case, i usually just clean out the south a bit and then let them come finish Mali and save me the trouble.

I agree with someone else that Babylon is like Fort Knox. It keeps the AI at bay pretty good and I was rather content to just let Cyrus and Saladin deal with them while I moved for my expansion southwards.

I would love to see this same sort of attention to detail applied to a regional maps. It would especially be interesting to take these same concepts and apply them to Roman campaigns or Alexander's utilizing perhaps the great map creation with the same level of scripting.. oh if only i had the patience and the know how!

Great job.

What size is this map? It wiil work on an 1,4 ghz proc ,256 of ram and 64mb of video?

it will work, but not very good on late games... my not so super computer of 2,4, 1gb ram and 128mb vidoe goes rater slow at end game

I have been away for a while and I thank Nuist for putting in my edits into his new 1.4map

After reading 2 full pages of messages since I last check I tried out map1.4 and have the following comments.

1. The barbarians are very strong, and I kinda like it. It makes trying to take their city just as hard as trying to take out a CPU civilization. I would say that if we can somehow figure of a way for the barbarians to stop researching advanced techs passed the first era it would make the game more balanced and realistic since they are suppose to be..... uncivilized.

2. Some of the barbarians cities or resources need to be moved around a bit so all the resources can be used.

Lastly, I think it would be great if someone can make modifications to this map so it starts in the 0001AD. By that time Egypt, China, Russia, and many other civilization has grow and completed some wonders (such as the Pyramid in Egypt, Oracle in Rome, etc) and Religion establish by different Civilization. Different Civilizations will have advanced techs over the barbarians. It would be very realistic and allow us to play as a powerful nation or a weak nation. I learned to love playing this game as the Mongols who are weak in resources. It is a thrill to be pretty much weak for 1000 years before having a big powerful army and taking over land and resources to be 1st place in points.

Your thoughts?

tbmes11 said:
Lastly, I think it would be great if someone can make modifications to this map so it starts in the 0001AD. By that time Egypt, China, Russia, and many other civilization has grow and completed some wonders (such as the Pyramid in Egypt, Oracle in Rome, etc) and Religion establish by different Civilization. Different Civilizations will have advanced techs over the barbarians. It would be very realistic and allow us to play as a powerful nation or a weak nation. I learned to love playing this game as the Mongols who are weak in resources. It is a thrill to be pretty much weak for 1000 years before having a big powerful army and taking over land and resources to be 1st place in points.

Your thoughts?

I'm not well informed in western history...but if you start the game in 1AD, doesn't that means there would be no Spain, France, English, Greeks, possibly Egpyt as they were all part of the Roman Empire? Of course it may be an advantage as well for we can replace them with other interesting Civs like the Huns; but perhaps it would be a little bit easier (require less changes, that is) to start the map right after the fall of Roman Empire.

BTW. In my game taking barbarian cities are far harder than taking CPU city; I played as Roman and the barbarians has wiped out India and China altogether. I had to progress slowly from Mid-East to conquer them; and by the end I got Silla they already have plenty of riflmen when the rest of the world were still using longbowman.

Hi everyone!

Playing in German I did not want to have English leader names etc. mixed up with my German texts. I solved this quickly by using a text-editor. I deleted all lines like

LeaderName=...
CivDesc=...
CivShortDesc=...
CivAdjective=...

This makes civ4 use the default names which are German then.
I also translated some Barbarian city names though there was not much to change. You can find my file in this German forum:

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?p=1078815#post1078815

:Dhi... guys.. i havn't post for years.... but still playing u know... ;)
here is the last attempt to update to BTS.. and wait for the civ5.... hope u enjoy the map... >>>> last HOORAH!:goodjob:
UPDATE.. ver 2.1.0 ... :king:

Top Bottom