East Asia 1193AD

Justinian519

Chieftain
This scenario takes place during the medevil times of East Asia. The Southern Song and Jin Dynasties have been fighting for control of China. As they do so the mighty Mongols strengthen. Meanwhile, Champa and the Khmer Empire fight for domination of South East Asia, while the Dehli Sultanate and Rajput Kingdoms fight to control of India. Judism and Christianity are in barbarian cites.

There are 11 kingdoms

Southern Song
Jin Dynasty
Mongols
Japan
Dehli Sultanate
Rajput Kingdoms
Tibet
Kingdom of Dali
Xi Xia
Khmer Empire
Kingdom of Champa

I have no prior experiance to modding so could someone please do these following things for me and post them?
-Script so that wars happen. (Juchens VS Mongols, ect..)
-change flags
-Can someone supply city names for cities when they are settled?

-I would like to thank Iuvavus for making the map and Genghis Kai for his suggestions.
-I will appreciate suggestions and I hope that you enjoy the scenario!

East Asia 1193AD Download View attachment East Asia 1193AD.zip
Changes
Version 1.2
-made settler more expensive
-capped tech tree
-made classical and ancient wonders unbuildable
-no changes to the map
Version 1.1
-Added permanent wars between the Song and Jin/ Dehli and Rapjut Kingdoms
-strengthened the barbarians
-balanced the game more

Jin Attack.JPG WB of Khmer Empire.JPG

So finally it is almost ready! I'm looking forward to see the scenario.

You need not to get red of Christianity and Judaism by the way. In the Middle Ages there have been Jewish minorities in China and since Ancient times there are Christians in India (the Legend says, that the Apostle Thomas brought it to India), and also in Mongolia there were Christians (Nestorians).
But it is your choice to leave them in the game or to put them out.

Iuvavus said:
You need not to get red of Christianity and Judaism by the way. In the Middle Ages there have been Jewish minorities in China and since Ancient times there are Christians in India (the Legend says, that the Apostle Thomas brought it to India), and also in Mongolia there were Christians (Nestorians).
maybe the minorities isn't important enough to be reflected... :mischief: there are a few larger culture that didn't even get mentioned... maybe cause they are even more weaker now... :lol:

thx for the sharing the knowlegde tho... history is always good to know! :goodjob:

Justinian519 said:
The scenario is now posted. Again, thank you jbfballrb!

Hi Justinian, great to hear you finished this scenario :goodjob:

But the link doesn't work for me. It says it doesn't exist. Do you know why?

I am not quite sure but I'll try and see if I can fix it. Also, how do you get the attachments to look like that (in a box with the symbol next to it)? I upload the attachment and then click attach.

i usually like screenies if im going to download something could u puts some up their

Justinian519 said:
I'm not sure how to take screenshots in Civ4. If you know how please tell me.

There are several applications that do that for you like snag it i.e., but if you have none, that seems to be the case, there is a very easy way you can use.

Be sure you have the screen you want to take on screen, then hit the prnt scrn(print screen) key (the upper left on the movement keys block of your keyboard) and then you can open for example paint application and just select paste.

You will see the screen as it was, save as .jpg or .bmp and you will be ready to upload it here.

I was working in an older period scenario, 903 - 967 the period of 5 dynasties and 11 kingdom in China. I will download this one and see how is going.

Good luck! :D

Justinian519 said:
I put the outdated map in the download. I fixed this and put in the new one

OK Maybe I tried the older version, the scenario is nice regarding geography and civilizations in play, however I think that you should make the tech much more expensive. I already have cavalry and my poor fellow opponents still sitting with longbow archers, such a way is not too much fun.

I liked very much the barbarian strength and distribution, but I think that much more barbarians needed fair north, otherwise Mongols and Mr. Wang Jing will create enourmous empires in such direction. Other option is to crop the map a little bit from the north what is actual russian territory.

So far my first impressions, I think that with the time this will be a great scenario... keep doing! ;)

I capped the techs and raised the cost of settlers in the new version. Tell me how this new version works. If there is still a problem with the mongols and Jin please tell me. (note: I forgot to change the future tech so after all the research is done you can study this.) I'll fix this in the next version.

Top Bottom