East Asia Mod PBEM

TomYo689

Emperor
East Asia Mod (download below!)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274281

I'd like to host a PBEM game with the East Asia Mod by Yoda Power. Looking for anyone interested in joining. The map has 21 civilizations and I'd like to fill about 10 of those with human.

Looking for players to take Chinese and Indonesian cultures!

The East Asia Mod isn't necessarily complete, the thread says it's still in testing (I believe the modder actually abandoned the project). The mod is indeed missing pretty much all civilopedia articles and a few building graphics. There's no guarentee on how balanced it is so I guess that's something that we'll find out.

That being said, I retain a high opinion of the mod. It's made by Yoda Power. Anyone familiar with his work knows the maps he uses are absolutely perfect. The mod features many Asian cultures; Indian, steppe/nomadic, Chinese, Japanese, Southeastern and Indonesian. Wholly remade tech tree spans thousands of years of development from the initiation of agriculture to the climax of Asias last great dynastic empire. Cultures and Dynasties of all regions are pretty well represented considering the situation. Many unique flavors, units, buildings, technologies, and governments are distributed among the culture groups (not too many though). If you are not familiar with the mod I do recomend downloading it and checking it out.

(bigger view)
Spoiler :

If you're interested in joining say which civ you want to play as. The civilizations are (in order of player number):
Looking for players to take Chinese and Indonesian cultures!

Jin - 1 - TomYo689
Ming - 2
Song - 3
Qin - 4
Nanzhao - 5
Nam Viet - 6
Yuezhi - 7
Tibet - 8 - Glasnot
Nippon - 9 - Bengal Tiger
Kara Khitai - 10
Timurids - 11
Kambujadesa - 12
Burma - 13 - Tasonne
Sri Vijaya - 14
Majapahit - 15
Indus - 16 - Elephantium
Mongols - 17 - RickFGS
Mughals - 18
Maurya - 19
Vijayanagara - 20
Goreyo - 21 - Princeof Persia

The central Asia nomads are probably the easiest positions to play. They have good land, good governments, and good units. The 3 chinese options get powerful unique units fast. Anyone playing as China can and needs to start fighting fast. Indians have it a bit more relaxed as they have room to grow. India is probably a standard level to play at. Certain countries that start with agriculture tech (Burma, Vietnam) have a huge starting bonus because of the extra food. The archipelago civilizations have probably the most interesting spot. There's a lot of islands and a lot of different boats to choose. Japan is perfect for the kind of player who likes a big isolated island to himself.

Also take note: settlers can't walk on mountains, warriors have 2 defense, different cultures have access to different techs, can't build mines on grassland or plains, victory condition is 20% of land & 70% of population or culture victory. Probably going to do accelerated production please comment your opinion on AC.

I like this scenario a lot but I am currently overwhelmed by uni, work and other PBEM's. If this gets delayed for few weeks I might have more time. :)

EDIT: Also dips on Tibet if this starts.

I would be up for trying this if you will have me and also if I can get the Mod to work.

I will download it and check it out.:crazyeye:

Thanks

Oh I really hope you get this going!

I'm sorry I never finished the mod, my education and caree ambitions got in the way. Besides the few glinches you mentioned it's very playable though. Don't worry about crashing or something like that.

I'm tempted to take Nippon, but I don't want to get swamped in PBEMs. If you need another player, and this gets going, I'll consider it.

looks really interesting.... im gone until at least may 10th so if you guys havent started by then.... can i reserve the mughals then when i dl the mod and look at it possibly change my drcision?

The Mughals are actually the hardest of the four Indian civs to play. They have enemies close and only get all their good units in the late ages.

That would be Goreyo. You can see the list of civs in the first post.

judging by how long this thing is taking to get going, you could put me down for burma..

Top Bottom