EB Games getting ready to ship Civ4

Mujadaddy said:
At least it's turn-based ;)

In singleplayer you have all the time in the world -- sure, BUT NOT MULTIPLAYER!

Well, I *believe* (if it's not already included) that it should be a trivial matter for someone with mad-1337-h4xx0r-sk111z to add the functionality to write a jpg file from a screen-capture to a specified folder. I believe this to be a trivial operation, so, at worst, it will be a few days before you can mod the game to add this function.

hajmyis said:
wow JC, i get say what i want to bc i dont wanna be band, but jez u assume some is lying, and get pissed and say that someone is lying.....wow so lmao at you:lol:

What language is that? AOLer?

Thomas Paine said:
What language is that? AOLer?

Let's not be elitist here. Some people type their words differently and we should welcome them and hope that our overwhelming culture encircles their borders and they switch to our culture and use our language.... eh? :)

I preordered with EB games on Sep 17th, but my status is still on hold?!? On my bank account, I see a payment pending for the game, but nothing else. Are the guys from the bank slow or what?

Jecrell said:
Let's not be elitist here. Some people type their words differently and we should welcome them and hope that our overwhelming culture encircles their borders and they switch to our culture and use our language.... eh? :)

No, we should declare war. :nuke:

Asking for intelligible sentences isn't elitist.

Flavfa said:
Just for the records: I've checked my bank account and discovered that my credit card has already been charged. CIV 4 IS ON THE WAY...

Now, has it actually been charged? Or have they only put a hold on your card? Most companies, when you place an order with a credit card, will place a reserve on that card for the amount of purchase. Basically, they want to make sure the money is there before they let you have the product. They haven't actually charged you for the product, they've only told your bank that they want to reserve that amount so they can charge you for it.

I haven't checked my balance yet, but I'm sure Gamestop has put a similar hold on my account for $49.99 to ensure that they have it on the 25th.

Update: Ok. I'm wrong. They haven't put a hold on my card yet. And the tracking option says that Gamestop is processing the order.

Marc

I don't know, tmarcl. But I know that the amount of money available for purchases decreased in US$85.00, so in any practical sense...

Jecrell said:
Does anyone know a good program that will take screenshots while I'm in game?
There is a program called Fraps. It can show you your fps and you can take screenshots and also can record movies.

Greek Plunder said:
I called EB Games awhile ago, and they said they are PROCESSING orders starting today.

I dropped by my local EB, and the guy behind the counted said the computer indicated it was being shipped. He also indicated it would probably arrive within a week - at least thats what I think he meant. I think "Anywhere from a day early to week late" were his words.

Top Bottom