Edit victory conditions in middle of a game

Hi

I'm playing 4.1 with my girlfriend and we just love it. However I just realized we are not going to have the revolutionary war, since I didn't click the independence victory condition. I just didn't want the game end after the war, but this is just game ruining anticlimax.

Could the save game file be edited? I did a search in the forum and answer was old and mixed. What's the situation nowdays? I have no programming skills whatsoever, so I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

CvInitCore::read
PHP:
m_iNumVictories = this->read(reader, m_abVictories, true, NUM_VICTORY_TYPES);
m_abVictories[VICTORY_REVOLUTION] = true;
Apart from adding that second line in the code or modifying the savegame file with a hex editor, I don't really see a way to change victory conditions after a game has been started. Vanilla assumes nobody should alter this in a running game and no modder has ever looked into this, hence we are stuck with vanilla behavior. It might also not be great gameplay if somebody can change victory conditions mid game in multiplayer. It would open for quite a lot of abuse, like somebody trying to win war of independence and halfway through it, somebody else disables that victory condition and only enables the one that player is aiming for.

It's single player. I'm playing against the AI and she's telling me not to abuse natives.

Thanks for the instructions, but I have no idea how to carry them out. I attached the save game file in case someone could lend me a hand. If not; no problem. We absolutely love the mod anyways.

Attachments

• There is no revolution141223.ColonizationSave
    319.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi

I'm playing 4.1 with my girlfriend and we just love it. However I just realized we are not going to have the revolutionary war, since I didn't click the independence victory condition. I just didn't want the game end after the war, but this is just game ruining anticlimax.

Could the save game file be edited? I did a search in the forum and answer was old and mixed. What's the situation nowdays? I have no programming skills whatsoever, so I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.
I am in the exact same boat as this gentleman; I have invested hundreds of hours into a single game and it's apparent that I too didn't tick the correct box at the formation of the game.
Any guidance in layman's terms would be greatly appreciated...
I opened the save in a hex editor but it all looks like a pile of spaghetti to me

I am in the exact same boat as this gentleman; I have invested hundreds of hours into a single game and it's apparent that I too didn't tick the correct box at the formation of the game.
Any guidance in layman's terms would be greatly appreciated...
I opened the save in a hex editor but it all looks like a pile of spaghetti to me
What if you open up Worldbuilder (ctrl+w) during your game, and immediately save the worldbuilder project, which then becomes a scenario, which you can then find in MyDocuments/MyGames/Colonization/Saves/Worldbuilder (or someplace similar on your computer), and then you can open that worldbuilder save file in notepad and change the line 9 or so where it says Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION or whatever to the victory you want to fight for? No idea if that works, just a thought.

Is victory conditions really something, which needs to be possible to set in world editor? I didn't think so, but now multiple people request it :think:

Naturally since the savegame is compressed. Even if it is saved uncompressed, it's just a bunch of numbers and victory conditions are saved as an array of bools, hence a row of values either 1 or 0. Multiple people have asked for a savegame editor, but making one outside the game is super difficult with the savegame format in question.

Top Bottom