Editing Core Regions

KIJLC

Chieftain
Hi all,

Where in the game files (playing version 1.17) would I be able to edit a civ's stability regions?

Thanks.

I am curious though why the ability to do so was removed from the world builder?
To be honest I've wondered the same thing. Leo stated he didn't want to maintain the feature which is fair enough I guess, but as far as I could tell it was working perfectly fine and didn't need any updates.

Well in any case I'm going to go through the arduous process of editing these core areas for a little modmod. I think I mostly understand the Areas.py, but if anyone would be so kind as to explain the differences Normal Area, Broader Area, and Expansion Area?

And in regards to SettlerMaps.py, is this just a map for AI settling decisions or is it really necessary to edit this too to encompass tiles into historical regions?

Thanks all.

SettlerMaps.py is both. It controls AI settler behaviour and historical areas.

SettlerMaps.py is both. It controls AI settler behaviour and historical areas.
Another question, if changing a start date for an existing civilization, does that require changing their order in lOrder as well?

Yes.

There must be quite a bit I'm missing here. What exactly are all the files I need to alter to change the start date of an existing civ? Currently I just got a "you have been defeated!" message as soon as the civ loads in.

Top Bottom