Editing fxsxml files?

takkyon

Chieftain
I am trying to create new fxsxml files or modify existing ones. I have been looking all over the forums, and all the references I can find about this have a broken link to some program. I have been trying to use Nexus to do it, but I can't seem to figure out how to make a new file or to edit existing entries in one I load. Does anyone know of a working program that can do this, or is there a proper way to do it in Nexus?

I haven't tried replacing existing ones but they're referenced in the civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml-file. You should just be able to enter your new files there (without full path, just the file-name) in an included copy of that file with VFS set to true, no UpdateDatase for that one I think.

The FXSXML-files can also be opened in ModBuddy or any text-editor. In it you can change what animations to use when and reference a new or existing effect/sound effect-file (FTSXML). You can also change what mesh or 3D model the unit should use. I wouldn't recommend changing anything else though if you're replacing an existing one it'll probably need all the BoneUsage- and Texture-tags and so on from the unit's original FXSXML-file.

Opening them in Modbuddy sounds like a very sensible and obvious thing to do. I don't know why I didn't think of it...

Top Bottom