Eggs

Eggs?

• Total voters
Usually a dozen large eggs bought at a time. That could last me 3-4 weeks. Most of time I only have eggs once a week. Scrambled or in french toast. It's pretty rare these days that I cook eggs for anything else.

When I was a boy I had 4 dozen eggs, although, now that I'm grown I eat 5 dozen eggs...which is pretty cool, although the egg-induced poverty is starting to get to be a real drag!

I buy organic, free-range chicken eggs & scramble them for my daughter.

I find the taste of eggs gross though I occasionally make cookie dough with them.

My family typically get a dozen extra large brown cage free chicken eggs store at a time.

For the past few years, we got most of our eggs for free from our next door neighbors. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that there was technically a zoning ordinance that made keeping their half dozen chickens and one rooster in their back yard illegal. The free eggs may have been a bribe to keep us quiet about it. I think that they may have been found out at the start of the summer, as we have not heard the birds or gotten any free eggs in several months. Now we have gone back to buying eggs from the grocery store. We typically get Egglands Best, but last time we had a better coupon for 4Grain.

The only predominantly egg dish we cook is scrambled eggs, which we don't have all that often.

My most common use of eggs is in making Banana Pudding, which requires separating the yoke and whites of 3 eggs to make the custard and meringue respectively. My most recent use of an egg was in the cheese layers of the lasagna I made for dinner a couple days ago. The week before that I made brownies to bring to a funeral, using 4 boxes of brownie mix and 6 eggs. Two weeks before that I used five eggs in a big pot of egg drop soup.

I'm too lazy to buy and cook eggs myself, but I like to eat over-easy eggs, and sometimes, I like to put poached eggs on top of slices of toast. :yumyum:

For most of the last 20 years we have had chickens (arucana variety) and so we had them fresh from the backside uh...nest. I eat 3-4 eggs a week: fried, scrambled, or in an omelet on weekends.

If you don't wash fresh eggs, they will keep a couple of weeks on the counter. They have a natural oil coating that keeps the air out and keeps them from spoiling. since hens take a week or more to lay enough eggs before they begin sitting on them, they are protected and stay viable for some time as long as you don't wash them.

I'll seldomly have a scrambled egg with breakfast and will occasionally have a hard-boiled egg.

I remember in elementry school, at lunch, a Sri Lankan friend of mine had the most amazing fried egg sandwiches with onions and tons of spice. I never got the recipe. :(

Eggs are so cheap in the mainland I stock up. Like 2 bucks a dozen. Most of it is consumed through boiling.

If I eat eggs it's usually large boiled chicken eggs. I don't have time for this other palaver.

On weekends though I might fry some or omlette them. Never scrambled. I don't see the point in scrambled eggs.

Top Bottom