Egypt and Trading Posts

soprismb

Chieftain
As I said, I'm trying to get all 64 wins. My latest is on egypt and the Tech Race (I try to save the supposed easiest for each for last). Here is a q on trading posts...do they give Egypt the bonus in addition to all the other bonus' egypt gets in sand? IF you're lucky enough to be near a sandbox, and you're Marc Anthony's muse, then it seems like you're in tall effing cotton. But the problem is they're so good with trade that it seems like you're OVERDOING it in trade. Yes, that's right, that's the way it SEEMS initially. It seems those hammers are better spent on temples or graneries or especially if you're going for tech, a barracks so that you can actually protect what you've got.

Am I wrong there? Trading posts seem like a gluttonous act of treason that can really f you in the a if someone like the Germans are in the game and you know they're gonna be huffing and puffing at the door in a couple turns.

Truth?

The answer to your question is that they do add to the earlier bonus you have as a civ when playing Egypt.

Then to your reasoning. This is a philosophical answer and not a mathematical answer, so excuse me if it is wrong. I'm of the personal view that you should always build on your strenghts and not support your weaknesses, therefore I always go for the trading post when playing Egypt. Otherwise, what is the point of playing them if you don't want to either run over the others in Tech or Gold? The tech race lead will give you plenty of advantages and a tech lead in units. Using your huff and puff logic, the tech lead will ensure that the Germans huff and puff with a breeze when you have fort know built on your plot of land.

Obviously this is a general answer and not saying that you should always build a trading post first and not care about protection from a rusher or strong enemy, but you should always maximize your strenghts when possible and build trading posts when playing Egypt.

I guess it just seems like TPs ALWAYS come at the worst time! lol I agree it's a philosophical question with you and that's a well put way you talked about it. But I mean, I've read almost all of your posts on here and you also warn a lot against being too large in one direction. If you're playing, you want to be ahead in your field (whatever you're going for), but if you're twice as far ahead, then you're too far ahead. Just on a hypothetical, if you end up playing Egypt, then your starting wonder is Colossus, then you get started near a desert--my God, you better be building archers initially to let yourself have a little piece of mind--because you know that down the road you're going to be untouchable in the tech race unless China's in the game.

Top Bottom