El Dorado not giving culture?

Gary4Civ

Chieftain
Hi,

I have a city that is 2 hexes away from El Dorado, which is inside it's borders. Although I got the reward for finding it, my overall culture did not increase when it became mine, and looking at the city economic overview, I still have zero culture in that city.

Yet the tool tip says El Dorado gives 5 culture.

What am I missing?

Thanks!:confused:

Majority of the Natural Wonders need to be "worked" (i.e, have a citizen work that tile) in order to recieve it's bonuses, some, like Fountain of the Youth, require you to simply possess the wonder to gain it's benefit (the +10 happiness).

I'm assuming El Dorado simply needs to be worked in order to gain the Culture.

Doh! Ok. Got it. I was mixed up - thought you guys were talking about workers, not citizens. When I finally realized you meant manage the city screen to turn on that square all was well. Live and learn, and thanks much :)

In one of my games a few weeks ago, I had a city close to a CS that had El Dorado within its borders, right on the edge. It was also within the 3-hex range for my city. Now when I passed the cursor over El Dorado it showed "10 culture". I was sure the "rulebook" said it was only five, but I thought maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, as soon as I could, I used a GA to grab it.....but in my city it was only worth "5 culture".....

So why is that?? Does it simply mean that if I had allied with the city state it would have given me that much culture??? Assuming it was a "cultural CS", which now I can't really remember if it was or not....

Top Bottom