Upkeep: 0
Techs: Late Copper

Army:
Navy: 2 Warbands
UUs: I LEFT IT BLANK

Projects: I LEFT IT BLANK
Trade: I LEFT IT BLANK

Other:

A quiet state, devoid of warfare for many generations. Trade has recently blossomed around their quiet island, and pirates and raiders from all directions have appeared again. Slowly arming themselves. The Cypriots are in a perfect position to dominate the trade lanes; they only need to take the first step to Empire.

It is the best map! I may join after an update or two...

thinking space, claim coming

Immaculate
Phoolan Devi
Government: Theocratic Despotism
Economy: 3/0

Army: 1 Warband
Navy: 1 Raft
UUs:

Projects:
Trade:

Other:

Starting position is the island of Sicily near Catania (in the Simento delta).

The Poolan Devi are said to have arrived by small water craft some 300-400 years ago from the shores of Iberia (maybe related to the Tanresios?). They are a fierce, militant society with a strong central matriarchal leadership. The grand leader is the high priestess of a religion dedicated to the constellations, the moon and the tides (the Devi Mareas). Amongst their religious traditions is an ancient dedication to ritualized cannibalism as well as murder (sacrifice?) by drowning. Seismic activity from Mount Edna has always been thought to be the grumblings of the gods and most of the negative dieties are associated with the shaking earth and the volcano while the good ones are associated with the sea or night sky. On the other hand, the soil is incredibly rich here and agriculture has been very successful.

The Poolan Devi have strong traditions of small-water craft, fishing and farming (and a large population). They also have sophisticated methods of government and oral tradition. They are not yet strong in the areas of metalcraft or animal husbandry. The Poolan Devi are aware of horsemanship on the mainlands of Italia and Tunisia but to date all efforts to import the animals to their island home have not fared well.

That is perfectly alright, Immaculate. I don't mind if you draw/steal verbatim nations or peoples from other NESes or real life.

EDIT: I saw before you edited, but was unable to make a response at the time.

Eltain, I edited my template in a fairly major way, to let you know.

<SKILORD>
<Wovvolk>
Government: Military Tribalism
Army: 3 Warbands
UUs: Leave Blank
Navy: 0
UUs: Leave Blank

Projects: leave blank
Trade: leave blank

Other:

The Wovvolk are a firece people who terrorize Southern Finland and the Baltic coastline, by their neighbors and enemies they are regarded not as a tribe of men so much as a pack of wolves. All of their men are conscripted into the Army, and trained from youth to serve in it as strongly adapted forest warriors with a taste for ambushes and surprise attacks, while the women do the primary work of farming which is supplemented by the spoils of the Army's plunder.

They are divided into five units, and each one is commanded by a General, these five generals elect one of their own to lead the entire tribe as Warlord.

Put me in Normandy.

Karalysia
Avranti
Government: Tribal Matriarchy

Army: 1 warband
Navy: 1 raft
UUs: leave blank

Other:

I'll think about it and edit it in.

Julius Gandi
Scythia
Government: Absolute Monarchy

Army: 0 Warbands
Navy: 2 Rafts

Other:

Wandering nomads from the south, the Scythians roamed seeking lands promised by the great Seer Zhal Jlam. During a great time of unrest in the lands of their fathers, Zhal told of a great land of peace. A land to be given by the Sun to any who may reach it. Past the soaring heights and piercing cold they traveled On the journey they learned of agriculture and fishing. When they found the promised land, they found peoples there, peaceful friendly people, and they become one on the peninsula.

There they flourished. Farming the fertile lands of the north, fishing the seas, and some even living in the mountainous southern coast. Although many a wandering horde turned greedy eyes upon the blessed lands, none could best the Scythian army and cross the isthmus into the promised land.

During the first of these invasions, the Scythian were scattered and unorganized. The Great Seer brought together the elders and seers together, and told them of his vision. Upon climbing a great mountain, the sun dove down and swallowed the sky. The boomed the the Seer, go and collect your peoples for a great test is coming from the land. Bring them together and unite them under one banner, and that banner shall be me and you shall be I. Through you shall I guard this land of peace and grant its people fortune and wisdom for the years to come.

The men were skeptical, but they gathered their men of war and marched upon the isthmus. There, through the waning light of dusk, the Great Seer pointed to the enemy horde. Realizing the numbers were great, the Scythians laid wait. They crushed the enemy as they lay in their beds.

This was the Great Seer Kazqi. From then on each great leader of Sythia have been a decedent of Kazqi and the great seer of the Sythian people. We are now to the Fifth Kazqi.

Sooo... when can we expect this to kick off?

Update's already written, I told myself I'd wait until tonight or tomorrow to post it, to wait for more players. I'm also trying to figure out whether I want to go with oldschool cities on the map or no cities at all; the lack of a Rhodes on this map is a real kick in the ass for me, too. So rethinking that.

EDIT: There's a small stat boost for starting on the first turn, too. Which is why I'd wait.

I'll be Egypt and everything about Egypt please...

There is an egyptian country. If you want to claim it, you may. But it's not stock egypt.

Someones playing egypt? I didn't see any post describing this...

It's an NPC. You could play as them or create a second in the immediate region, or wherever. (If you had created a nation there this NPC would've popped up anyway, so.)

Wait, you're telling me if i write a creation for Egypt.. I can't play it since you've already written a NPC for that region? What madness is this?

Wait, you're telling me if i write a creation for Egypt.. I can't play it since you've already written a NPC for that region? What madness is this?

lol, shouldn't have waited until he had already written the update.

Yet he said he is waiting for players still...

If he's waiting, I should be able to join as MY nation.. if he's not.. why doesn't he just post it?

Aneb-Hetch // Abaddon
Government: Kingdom
Techs: Late Copper-Early Iron. Do not expect it to be easy if you choose the latter.
Army:
Navy:
Other:
Brief Description: At the head of a great delta, the rich flood banks have fuelled agriculture and population growth that surpasses almost all in the known world. Traders ply their trade up and down river, bringing fourth great riches beyond merely wealth. Absolute classic Proto-Egypt...

I am waiting for players, and until tonight, yes. I am going to assume 1 warband, 1 raft unless you say otherwise, then, Abaddon.

Top Bottom