[BNW] Empires accusing me for attacking city state

Stef_R

Chieftain
Hey guys, just a second ago something really weird happened.

All the sudden all of the empires accused me for attacking a city state (forgot the name, i'll just call it valetta for now). I'm playing as the Netherlands and i'm building up some really good relations with most city states. I'm befriended with Germany and they decided to attack the Shoshones whom are allies with Valetta, so Germany got indirectly in war with Valetta when all the sudden all empires (including germany???) got mad at me for attacking Valetta. I found it on the map and saw that my influence with them is at the lowest point, like i just attacked them (i did not, Valetta is on the other side of the map for me and i don't have any troops near them) Any suggestions?

When you say your influence is at the lowest point what exactly is the number? If it is -60 it sounds like you are at war with them and I have never had that happen by accident. Where you allies with that city state before this happened and are you at war with any of the AI's? Also have you done anything prior to this that would be frowned upon with the city states like going to war to steal a worker?

If nothing stands out as obvious try reloading an earlier save and see if it happens again. I am sorry but I can't think of anything else that would cause this or how to undo it.

When you say your influence is at the lowest point what exactly is the number? If it is -60 it sounds like you are at war with them and I have never had that happen by accident. Where you allies with that city state before this happened and are you at war with any of the AI's? Also have you done anything prior to this that would be frowned upon with the city states like going to war to steal a worker?

If nothing stands out as obvious try reloading an earlier save and see if it happens again. I am sorry but I can't think of anything else that would cause this or how to undo it.

Thanks for answering, i reloaded the save, same thing happened. I made peace with the city state the turn after it happened and it didn't really have any consequences (me being at war with them for one turn). Weird that i was at war with them all of the sudden tho. Thanks for your time.

Its because you whipe out a civilization a minor one. A lot of civs don't like that.

Its better to do this in the ancient and classical era by the way you have less harder warmonger penalties but keep in mind civs like siam will sitill hate you because they have a high city state flavor.

When you say you were "befriended" did you have a Defensive Pact? If the Shoshone attacked Germany, you would have been at war withtheir Allies- including Valetta.

Top Bottom