Enabling world builder in hotseat games / playing as all nations in single player?

Here's a python file you can try. No need to compile, just drop in python folder and overwrite. Ctrl + Alt + Shift + W to run the code I added.

Also remember to remove the .txt

Hi Matt

Thanks for your help, honestly. It is more than I could expect. I'll try what you are saying but if it doesn't work I think I'll let it go, I don't want to use your time that much.
Anyway, I've copied it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python but there is no file to overwrite. Let's see if it works.

Thanks!

EDIT1: Sadly it did not work. I'll try to change the name to ROMEventManager.py... and see what happens.
EDIT2: Nope, it didn't work either. Thank you for trying anyway.

Last edited:
Hi Matt

Thanks for your help, honestly. It is more than I could expect. I'll try what you are saying but if it doesn't work I think I'll let it go, I don't want to use your time that much.
Anyway, I've copied it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python but there is no file to overwrite. Let's see if it works.

Thanks!
did you remove .txt extension from that file?

Yes, I did.

Then I started a hotseat game and pressed Ctrl + Alt + Shift + W.. but nothing happened :(

If that's this hard, do you think it would be possible to disable AI from doing anything during their turns so I could control all of them in single player mode using the ALT + Z cheat?

Top Bottom