End of an era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne

Emperor
Here are the final turns:

1848 - Press enter....

Chinese request audience, peace treaty signed.
Guerilla uprising near Calcutta. In a break with the tradition of the 'Jayne Dynasty' only one barb appeared.

1849 - Future Tech 19. Pop + 156million. Pollution near Trinity.
Many towns founded and vans delivered.

1850 - FT 20. Pop + 160million. Many towns founded and vans delivered.

Press enter.... We land on AC.
Score 3901, 507% rating. We are remembered as President the Magnificent of the CFC's.

Congrats, Jayne :goodjob:

And thanks to all who have played, shared and simply lurked.

I've enjoyed the role that I've played here and the contributions of all. :cool:

Sad because it looks like it may be the end of the Civ II demogame :(

But also happy because we won a great game and I hope evryone enjoyed participating! :D

When did this one start? How long time did it take? If I recall correctly we were playing on this game last summer. Depending on what happens after gymnasium, I might not be able to participate in a few months if we decide on a new one.

i'd play instead of just watching... however: i'm just a rookie, and wouldn't want to screw up the group's chances...

by the time i'd got done moving... and got back to the last game... i was lost...

i've had civ3 for months, that i haven't even unwrapped yet...

so if you need a warm body and a built-in handicap...

I'm still trying to find the time to post a News Story for this game ending. :(

I don't see how we can play another game and expect it to be played to any sort of conclusion; there just aren't enough people participating to carry it.

Yes, once we are all said and done with the game, it will be archived (in the somewhat distant future).

Well, then, here's to the end of an age. Sadly, I don't see much potential for another game.

Cheers, to the many people that have participated in all the Civ2 Democracy Games at CFC and made it the magnificent legend it is, the first in a long great line of democracy games played by hundreds, if not thousands, of civvers around the world!

Like a microcosm of world “politics”. I was a new b at the start of this last demo. Although it was not only enjoyable to watch, it was informative as well. So much so that I knew my limitations. However I tentatively tried to offer help in several ways, but was ignored. So be it. Perhaps its inherent weakness is that it wasn’t a “democracy” at all, but that “representative form” which is definitely non-inclusive. Like a microcosm of world “plutocracies”, this too shall pass.

The truth shall set ye free

peace

[edit: ps- i subscribed to this thread on the off chance there would be another game... still a new b]

I learnt so much from the 2 demogames I participated in. When I started, I was playing Emperor level - but rarely winning - just surviving until the end. Now I'm winning deity level games, and even participating in D+3 Succession games!!!!!!!! :eek:

So thanks to all those who've helped me become a much better Civ player!! :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom