End Turn Button is Final?!?

thamis

King of Kish
Hi!

Has anyone found a way to make the pressing of the end turn button in MP not final?

In CIV4, after pressing end turn, you could still do stuff. You could still react.

Now, if I press end turn, and then someone attacks me, I have no way to even fire back. Not with my cities, not with my units. Really really annoying, and leading to the fact that when in war, you should always be the last one to end turn.

Has anyone found a way to remedy this?

Hear hear.

It's incredibly frustrating this "feature". When I play my friends, we try to keep things moving at a steady pace, so we do our moves, then click [End Turn], then start doing other things like checking our cities.

Unfo, you can't change production, but you never really know whether the change you made has gone through. And if you forget to check, you could be having a citizen sitting doing nothing for an aeon until the next time you check.

I agree. But maybe they just wanted to make this different from other version, or impossible to implement for some reason.

My guess is this is to avoid the out of sync issues that plagued Civ 4, as that was a prime cause of them.

That said I miss it too.

But the thing is that you can most stuff even after its pressed, it just doesn't display it to you properly.

I get the whole wait until next turn to communicate the changes but how about they make the local client at least display the citizen changes, tile purchases and so on properly.

Yeah this is my main problem with the game at the moment.

If you end your turn first its nice to have a mooch through your towns and fine tune things while you wait.

Also as someone else mentioned, it's exploitable during wars.

My guess is this is to avoid the out of sync issues that plagued Civ 4, as that was a prime cause of them.

That said I miss it too.

I suspect that is behind it too, but there must be a better solution for preventing OOS, than lock data after the end turn.

This is also causing many MP players to delay moving units until the last few seconds to prevent attacks, which of course constantly runs out the turns and makes the games mych longer.

CS

I completely agree. One of the many issues in multiplayer. My biggest problem is that I often forget to bombard stray enemy units with my cities. So I get to sit there and be pissed off and unable to do anything while I wait for the turn to end.

The feature of hitting the 'end turn' button absolutely needs to be in place so that you can keep the flow going; however, losing the ability to do non-critical stuff like mess with your cities, check your workers, etc after hitting the button is plain stupid. The 'finality' of it is ridiculous and what it does is make most people take extremely long to be extra sure they didn't forget something, which is an unacceptable compromise. I can't imagine it is that hard to let people move stuff after their turn. Clearly it lets you 'queue' them to be modified at the start of next turn, but that just really doesn't do the trick.

The clear solution is also a problem: Be sure not to hit the button until you are 'sure', or just let the timer run out to be really, really sure- especially if someone is looking like they are going to launch an attack.

Really tedious. I never automatize or do double move because you never know what will happen next turn. You don't want your units take another route you wanted and in jamming processus against barbs and stuff.

Yes, my turns are very long and im often the last to end turn because i always have a lot of units to move with precaution.

Yeah, its best to let the timer run out if you are worried about war. Or let them end turn before you do. Between two good players with each considering attacking, the turn timer will tend to usually run its full course every turn, so that neither can steal a turn b/c the other player prematurely end-turned.

Top Bottom