English football thread no 2

ManU v Liverpool!

At 3pm on a Saturday. When did that last happen??

In Liverpool's long term interest, it might be better if they didn't - then Houllier would surely get the chop, leaving the way open for (hopefully for L'pool) O'Neill or someone of that calibre.

Originally posted by polymath
In Liverpool's long term interest, it might be better if they didn't - then Houllier would surely get the chop, leaving the way open for (hopefully for L'pool) O'Neill or someone of that calibre.
I'm not sure about that. Hopefully we can get the Champions League spot and a new manager, though I'm doubtful of both.

Everton (0)0 - 1(0) Blackburn

Fulham (1)2 - 0(0) Charlton

Leicester City (0)1 - 1(1) Man City

Middlesbrough (1)1 - 2(1) Aston Villa

Southampton (1)1 - 2(0) Bolton

Man Utd (0)0 - 1(0) Liverpool

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!! :smoke:

In other news, West Brom got prompted to the Premiership.

And in other other news, WE BEAT MAN UTD!! :goodjob: :beer: :jump: [party] :thumbsup: :worship: :thanx:

Gary Neville! You mutt!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!! - MrP

A tall order but I'll give it a go:

Attachments

• pipesmoker.jpg
    pipesmoker.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 102
Wow what an amazing season... Easter seems a distant memory, when football was good...

Take note of the fact that that was the first penalty conceded at Old Trafford by Man Utd in the Premiership in more than ten years.

What does that tell us? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by phoenix_night
Take note of the fact that that was the first penalty conceded at Old Trafford by Man Utd in the Premiership in more than ten years.

What does that tell us? :rolleyes:

Actually it was the first penalty SCORED against ManU at Old Trafford for ten years. 3 have been missed/saved.

It tells us that ManU do most of the attcking at Old trafford and the other team rarely get into ManU's penalty area.

Originally posted by col
Actually it was the first penalty SCORED against ManU at Old Trafford for ten years.

That's exactly what I meant, actually. Not in caps, though.

So...10 years = roughly 200 games...= 1 penalty about every 65 games. Or, if you like, 1 penalty every 3 years...

:rolleyes:

Newcastle v Chelsea: 2-1

[dance]

Woo, as a Newcastle fan i am very happy.
Plus if Arsenal draw or defeat Tottenham (currently 2 - 1 after 62 minutes) they win the title.

Congrats to Arsenal for a tremendous championship-winning season. I have not liked the fact that Liverpool were nowhere near them but at least neither were Man Utd. However they've still got to win the Champions League to be called a truly great team.

Top Bottom