Era Buildings

Interesting points arkham4269 although I don't use Enlightenment Era mod as it doesn't interest me at all.
I do use thecrazyscotsman's "Ancient Building Pack", "Cistern and Marina", "Classical Building Pack", "Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack", "Industrial Building Pack" and "Strategic Buildings Pack".
I like lots of buildings so I'm spoilt for choice also of course it also make it absolutely essential that one has to micro-manage their build program which I absolutely love and is an absolute must have for me, I also like superfluous builds (like the Tavern) and/or Bakery-AB mod etc etc for me it just adds more flavour to the game which I like, as you've pointed out there are duplicate builds within said mods and "Era's mod" but It doesn't really bother me personally I just don't use thecrazyscot's building's as I would rather uses "Era's mod" But if it did bother me I'd just remove thecrazyscotsman's build's out of the "modinfo file" and problem solved.
I don't think LeeS should change anything with the possible exception of your maritime naval idea's that could be quite interesting again adds more flavour to the game,
anyways which ever the case that's just my 2 cents :)

While I realize so many of your buildings build on themselves, might it be possible to have something like the old "if then/goto" where your mod detects if one is using the Enlightenment Era mod and then uses something from that mod as the base, surpressing the mod from this fic.

Again, to just use the shipbuilding example, if possible, the code would see that I'm running the mod and thus use the Drydock in place of boilermaker for example.

As I'm not a coder (Damnit Jim! I'm a risk manager not a game designer!) I have no idea of the enormity or ease of doing something like this. However, it was something I thought of while playing my current game.

Updated the mod to V13 -- Changes are:
  1. Corrected my oversight in not adding a mod-reference to force PreHistoric Era Reborn to load into the game database before Era Buildings.
  2. Adjusted the Seaport. It no longer gives +15 % Naval Unit :c5production: Production, but instead gives a +25% Range in :trade: Sea Trade Routes range, similar to the Harbor effect. These should stack together for a 75% total increase in range.
  3. Contrary to suggestions for better compatibility to Enlightenment Era and its 'DryDock' buildng, I did not make any additional changes for compatibility to Enlightenment Era. The DryDock's only effect is to give a +15% Naval Unit :c5strength: Strength Promotion, whereas all the Naval Buildings introduced by Era Buildings give small city production increases, and extra Naval Unit XP based on Social Policies a player has adopted.

Hi. So, I've got a weird confounder...
I've had this mod installed since forever. But now, the game won't work without it. I select the mods that I want, including VP, but not including Era Buildings, then I hit Next, and after a couple of seconds of the spinning globe, the game goes and disappears.

Why I deselect this mod:
After finally updating VP a few weeks ago, I've been trying to put together a new set of mods to make for an interesting game (disability pension, way too much time on my hands), the following keeps occurring:
- found religion
- select belief that enables faith-purchase of certain buildings
- those buildings are nowhere to be found in city view.
The only building that appears unaffected is the Cathedral.

Starting the game with VP and IGE, but no other mods at all, it will start, and the faith-purchase buildings works as it should.
After a lot of trial and error, Era Buildings is the one that appears to be the cause of the trouble.

As for the game crashing when Era Buildings is not selected, I have tried to identify any mods that may depend on it. I thought City Resources Speed Building (v. 6) might be it, but it wasn't.

So... help? Please?

Top Bottom