Erebus Continent + Orbis

Found a bug in the script. At lines 5254 and 5256 it references an iChance variable which was neither defined before (leading to an error message) nor used after (so it's not actually a problem...)

Oops, that's leftover from whomever made the Orbis version, I'll clear it out for the next version. I never get that error because it'll only happen when Crystal Plains are placed, which are currently exclusive to Orbis.

Nice, can't wait to try the new version out. Thanks for all the cooperation!

I finished the 'fix' yesterday, I just have to add a quick check to make sue it's not pre-placing the Crystal Plains in RiFE then I can post the update. You guys will just have to let me know if the placement of Crystal Plains and wetlands are ok in Orbis.

Oh, and I almost forgot, flavor placement rules for the new civs in Orbis...

If anybody can give me some ideas I can get those updated too. If they're ok using the default rules I can leave them alone :)

Oh, and I almost forgot, flavor placement rules for the new civs in Orbis...

If anybody can give me some ideas I can get those updated too. If they're ok using the default rules I can leave them alone :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8932718&postcount=2

I would add starting near sea for Palatinate, if it's possible. Favourite wonder for them is Hansa that can be found only in coastal city.

BTW, some civs in Orbis seem to fit certain guild better than other civs - Bank of Vivaldi for Khazad, Globe Troupe for Balseraphs. All guild require certain resources to be founded/spread, as in BTS. Is it possible to make them start near those resources so it's more probable that they will found given guild ?

BTW, some civs in Orbis seem to fit certain guild better than other civs - Bank of Vivaldi for Khazad, Globe Troupe for Balseraphs. All guild require certain resources to be founded/spread, as in BTS. Is it possible to make them start near those resources so it's more probable that they will found given guild ?

This is getting off topic, but I suppose there is no harm since the original purpose of this thread has been served. I really like the way guilds are implemented in Orbis. Yes it encourages resource hoarding, but I've found it also encourages GP hoarding. I always like to keep a few merchants around in case I find myself able to found one of the nice economic based guilds. Founding the Bank of Vivaldi, especially if you already have a few other guilds under your belt, does wonders for your economy.

Is the Bank of Vivaldi really Khazad? I always thought they were more of a Prospector's Guild. It's another of my favorites. I like the added hammers for all my cities. I like being able to create dwarven units for non-dwarven civs. I also love having all these dwarven prospectors running around through my empire, driven insane by the horrors they have unearthed. :)

Yep, I don't value resources specifically for any civ although they do all have some basic value of resources in general, particularly those with a 'city trade' tech that is available in or before the game's starting era (so ancient for most players). I do this to help flavor mod since flavor mod has a lot of civs set to prefer starts with access to a particular resource I just make sure starting plots are likely to have resources.

So I can leave the Dao at the default (I like grassland and hate deserts, tundra and jungles)? I've already set up the lizards just like the lizards from FF, RiFE and Wild Mana and I can set the Palatinate to prefer coastal starts.

For the Dao and Palatinate, will they both work with generic rules for the terrains? Or, do either of them have a bonus for a specific terrain or feature?

For the Dao and Palatinate, will they both work with generic rules for the terrains? Or, do either of them have a bonus for a specific terrain or feature?

No, just generic ones.

EDIT: BTW, those ruins are not a great idea in Orbis. I love the way they look, but they are generating way too much guardian vines ;)
On the other hand, I didn't see any trolls in two games I played using your mapscript. It's not a bad thing, actually ;)

No, just generic ones.

EDIT: BTW, those ruins are not a great idea in Orbis. I love the way they look, but they are generating way too much guardian vines ;)
On the other hand, I didn't see any trolls in two games I played using your mapscript. It's not a bad thing, actually ;)

That's actually pretty much why RifE added Ancient Ruins; Avoid people sanctifying them. :lol:

The idea is good, but without a separate improvement it can cause some issues.

2.64 is posted (see the link in my sig) with some Orbis specific fixes.

• Added support for Tlacatl & Palatinate civs from Orbis
  • Added chance for haunted lands in ancient ruins (not just graveyards)
  • Fixed harmless python exceptions when playing Orbis

Tlacatl flavor starts are identical to the lizards ffrom the other modmods, they prefer jungle and will not clear it out around their starting plot. Palatinate is similar to default flavor rules with an added preference for coastal starts and stronger malice against tundra and snow (since coastal starts locked in by ice are pretty annoying). Remember, using the 'End of Winter' and similar game options modify the map AFTER it's generated, so forzen sea starts are very possible with that option enabled. :)

That's actually pretty much why RifE added Ancient Ruins; Avoid people sanctifying them. :lol:

The idea is good, but without a separate improvement it can cause some issues.
After numberous test games the effect of sanctifying them was pretty insignificant, they were mostly offset by the creation of extra graveyards. Even when intentionally abused by human players they were never really enough to control the AC in either FfH, RiFE or Wild Mana. But, having a specific 'Ancient Ruin' instead of a bunch of normal city ruins is awesome and opens up a lot of potential :)

Top Bottom