Erebus Fantasiversalis

Tasunke

Crazy Horse
Play as *almost* any civ in FFH2, and seek a path to domination!!

Hippus, Illians, Doviello, Grigori, Bannor, Sheaim, Elohim, Ljos, Svart, etc. All except for Kuriotates/ Balseraphs +Summoned Civs.

Should work for all FFH2 mods and Modmods, including FFH2, ExtraModmod, Erebus in the Balance, et al. Just make sure, if using it in multiplayer, that all participants are using the same mod ;)

Standard Sized Pangea + added land. Rolled a random pangea map and then ... pretty much completely changed it. But there are *some* artifacts left over from the original map, as not every tile has been touched up ... just ... most tiles :)

Map is loosely based upon the Official FFH2 scenarios, as well as my own personal vision for what Erebus may have looked like (in part). Map is a single contiguous continent with some exceptions. All owned cities are on said continent.

Owned cities come partly pre-improved, with improvements on owned land, and sometimes even buildings in owned cities! All barb land must be conqured and developed normally, however. Not all barbarians are Orks!! The Clan likes to use their Worldspell t0, but thanks to Dwarven, Elven, and other types of Barbarians ... they get the normal amount of units, instead of *every* other unit on the continent :p

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Map creation was partly inspired by Europa Universalis gameplay, aka Nations always start in the same place, Cities are static (never disappear etc). No Settlers is best b/c it prevents the AI from massing useless settlers, but if you do happen to allow settlers, just know that it won't give very much benefit ;)

Warning: NOT all civs are created equal! All cities are pre-placed, best played with NoCityRazing + NoSettlers (default settings of the scenario).

Game may not be 100% complete, still making *some* modifications to the finished product. Game is definitely playable at v5, and has been since v3.

In multiplayer there might be some OOS, but much of the OOS has been fixed since v4. If anyone has an OOSlogger and wants to test it, please let me know what is causing remaining OOS.

I would particularly LOVE feedback regarding OOS and potential 'OP'-ness of certain civ starts. While it is intentional for some civs to be stronger than others in different areas, I don't necessarily want certain civs to outshine all the rest either. (at least not until later on during a session :p)

Instructions: Please download the Europa Fantasiversalis V Worldbuilder save, and place it in Beyond the Sword/ Civ4 Saves/ Worldbuilder saves. This should allow you to play the map as a scenario! Solo or with friends :) ( or even with enemies! >:p )

If you have Programs and Programsx86, it is better to use Programsx86

Same goes for Programs 32 vs Programs 64, better to use 64 pathway to BTS/ Saves/ WB Saves.

With all of that out of the way, please play and have fun!! :)

Note: All edits, tests, et al were done using FFH2, the original mod from Kael n co.

Attachments

• Europa Fantasiversalis V.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    389.3 KB · Views: 231
  • EuropaUniversalisXE.png
    EuropaUniversalisXE.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 903
  • Civ4ScreenShot0353.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0353.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 978
  • Civ4ScreenShot0352.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0352.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 732
  • Civ4ScreenShot0351.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0351.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 785
Working on Version VI

Any questions and comments, particularly pertaining to this map, may be added to this thread (or sent via PM)

By all means, please try out the map before commenting on it.

Version VI is working to make the initial 'start' economies a bit more equal.

Just opened it up. A few comments, based on starting as Bannor:

• It felt rather weird to start with several shades
  • Likewise, having several techs without their prerequisites
  • There is a grassland-floodplains tile 1S of Torrolerial, and a plains-floodplains tile 1E of the city as well
  • I started with one Fortress Garrison warrior in Clan lands (2N of Trinity), which then was auto-moved 1SW out of Clan lands (despite being Held). It continued to be Held after being moved.

A potential spoiler:

Spoiler Early game :
Clan of Embers starts with two Great Prophets, so on t0 they immediately bulb Way of the Earthmother and found Runes of Kilmorph.

Is this intentional? I'm not sure it fits lore-wise, and it locks in a certain game-plan for the AI.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. I'm working on some custom maps again, so I may tweak this soon. And no, the Early Game spoiler question/activity was not intentional.

Top Bottom