How to update older Maps/Scenarios to 0.41o(/0.41p)?

HateWate

Chieftain
Reposting because it's been a week with no response in the other thread:

So I went through all the threads in the Modmod/Scenario/Map sub-forum earlier and downloaded a crap-ton of Maps. Turns out, a good chunk of them no longer work due to being designed for older versions of FFH2 (which I expected). So here's my question: Is it possible to 'fix' or otherwise re-create these maps using FFH2 0.41o Worldbuilder, or would the process be extremely slow/painful/technical? I know almost nothing about this kind of modding/mapmaking, but I'd like to give it a go if any of the veterans are still around and can confirm that this is even possible before I potentially waste my time, or offer some general advice for common pitfalls and things that might trip me up.

Also, all of LutefiskMafia's maps have disappeared from his threads. I don't know if any of those still work, or if they had a reason for taking them down and didn't want them re-uploaded, but if anyone has a copy, please let me know so I can put up a thread/mappack containing them (assuming they'd be okay with it).

You did get a response? From @Sephi
I suggest to use whatever FFH version you need for the older maps. They are still available on civfanatics but you have to enter the link manually. For example patch g has this link http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/FfH2041g.exe and if you want k instead replace g with k.

It might be possible to update the maps to a newer version, it depends what error message you get. To update them you need to be able to edit python code.

Unfortunately, this is the answer. I've also struggled a lot with this, as there's a lot of trouble using maps made in base FFH2 or EitB in newer versions (MNAI or EMM). There just aren't many effective workarounds to this, because you have to identify the particular issue that exists in that map (e.g. was Mithril previously called silver? Are there more civ slots in this version of worldbuilder, etc.).

I suppose it's possible @MagisterCultuum @Ifgr or @[to_xp]Gekko might know better.

Not until three days after I'd posted the initial message, worried me that the forums were completely dead/devoid of interest in this. Not a coder, sadly. Hoping someone collects and updates these one day, seems a shame to lose so much fan-made history due to version differences...

Top Bottom