erezNES - Waves of Civilization

Update 3: The People of Headache
The area names will change as names more a kin to our story develop.

Nassiri
While most Nassric nations remain peaceful, two chose to go to war.

Troja has grown strong, and continued to expand and conquer tribal lands in the far northern reached of Nassiri. Yet all this peaceful expansion came to an abrupt end when Troja used some minor excuse to invade their southern neighbor. Quickly taking all of its lands on the continent, Nycheos is now down to its city on the island and its militia is well prepared to defend it.

Nassiros also chose the war plans. Surprisingly they received aid from the city state of Hudeos, south of Nassiros, and then went on to Crete, to bring down the kingdom of Minoa.

At first, Nassiros found it exceptionally hard to find a good landing spot where the Minoan armies will not stop them. When one was found the fighting was with no end. Eventually, much thanks to Hudeos forces, the Nassiric forces won several key battles and have taken over their colony, that since have been burned to the ground by Minoa.

But it was not over yet. For a dark cloud looms near to their homes. The Ionian horde have invaded all of the nations of Chymed. Troja have seen some of its newest gains quickly lost to the far more powerful Ionians. Nassiros have lost a few towns as well. But worse off were the Hudeos. Never the warriors, their only trained forces were away fighting on Crete. At home their militias were almost not enough to stop Ionia from taking over their entire Chymed lands. Will Ionia succeed?

North America That must die
Far to the west of everything and everyone, human lives existed. Small tribal people, still mostly stuck in the Stone Age roamed the land. Among these people were the Adahy. The Adahy were like the others, Stone Age people that rarely used copper for religious ceremonies. Yet unlike the others they had a special political evolution that ended up uniting the entire tribal community into one. This powerful confederation easily expanded outwards, at the expense of other tribes that saw no unity.

Mesopotamia
In Mesopotamia all hell is set loose. The Gutian confederacy continues to tighten the leash upon the Sumerians and the Akkadians are nearly gone, as a new group, the Amorites, take over the northern rivers.

As Gutia continues to enslave the Sumerian population eventually the people say no more. Civilization was once stopped from flourishing in the area, but no more. Many escape slavery and kings, true Sumerian rulers, form the first walled cities in the area. One of them, Hadraak successfully pushes the Gutians away from their lands, their elite Harrn easily destroying the Gutian foot soldiers. After them more cities rebel and Gutia is looking at a harsh future.

And if that was not all vast numbers of people flock through the borders, running, escaping, settling among the rivers. These people, calling themselves Kassites, speak of a horrible war horde moving west. It has destroyed their homes and has continued to do so for hundreds of year. Now this horde stands before the land between the rivers. Will the Gutia and Sumerian and Amorite city states survive the coming onslaught, or will they fight each other oblivious to the future?

While the rivers prepare to explode, not far the Armass continue their peace existence. While new groups of tribes settle around, after escaping an unknown enemy, everything seems very awfully peaceful.

Iberia
As Tricarum continue to occupy more lands and conquer more tribes, sending them away and settling the land by their own men, they are slowly creating a problem. While more lands are conquered and settled, they have created a massive tribal confederacy to their south, made of all the tribes they have defeated and banished. This giant confederation quickly united more and more tribes that fear the rise of Tricarum and is now looking at Tricarum to get back at them… (ooc: those lands aren't empty you know ;) )

And as Tricarum finally reach what may be their height, a new tribe unites in the north. The Xurxu do not seem to fear Tricarum, and actually trade with them, helping both economies grow. Perhaps the Xurxu will be the Tricari ticket out of their grand threat?

Italy
Bracing for impact, Talon pay their men and prepare to defend against the coming onslaught. At first they are obviously outnumbered and quickly begin to lose ground to the great horde. But, as soon as the horde reaches the coast the attacks cease. Most of the people have settled up in the north, across a great rich river, while the rest, the invaders, remain fewer. Talon eventually defeats another invasion and reclaims some coastal lands, but find everything has been settled with the migration. Countless new communities appear, easily defending themselves against any Talon attempts to regain more land.

But while Talon survived, the small union to the south fared far worse. The wave of migrations also crossed north of Talon straight into central Italy, conquering vast lands, including the small union that once had risen to fight off Talon. Talon quickly brought forces and occupied whatever land that was not settled by the new people yet. Yet as Talon grows the tribal government losses coherence, its ability to manage such a vast land is becoming harder and harder…

To the south Romarge's situation has calmed down. The tax raise was not so horrible after all, and the city's growth continues. Settlers are sent to both sides of the city, building new communities and farmlands. Romarge slowly grows to become a powerful state. Carome also grows, becoming richer and stronger as well. It has quickly become obvious that the reason for Carome's existence was not Romarge's tax hikes but a few less successful merchants who wanted to cheat the system. They scared the population to join them and leave Romarge, only to now rule the population with an iron fist. Many voices call Romarge to save the population, others only hang to the belief that all merchants are bad.

Cittabacco did not sit idle and let migrants take over its lands. With the Sanctum Populum behind the population, the priests have led an invasion of the small city quickly surrounding it and taking over the grape farms around the city. The secret for the less tasty but easier to make wine is also discovered and now Cittabacco's trade flourishes with both kings of wine.

As the siege tightens, Cittabacco's sole trade barge is taken by the priests and an attack from behind the walls is commenced. The population quickly flees in great numbers and those who do not flee are enslaved. The Cittabacco have won the war. Yet, many ask, at what cost? The only merchant trade barge has been taken over by the military, and for a short while the economy suffered. But eventually new merchants from Nettered arrived, and much money was made from selling wine.

India
Life in the Inglian three-way confederation was not easy. The river flooded greatly every year, causing countless deaths, Typhoons and Tsunamis arrived at the borders almost like clockwork. Yet a living was managed. Trade with nearby tribes was constant and wars were rare, after all, life was hard for the others as well. Yet not all is well now – a great Super Tsunami is crossing the ocean directly to Inglia. Will they survive?

On the Indus valley other people were rising. Ancient gods made these people and built empires. Now the land is disunited, but growing. The Bharata sit on the coast, on the Indus delta. They delta is rich and they trade with the other kingdoms in their surroundings. One day the water suddenly rose, but it was over quickly, in other places it was far more destructive. The Indus Valley Civilization was quickly growing.

China
The Throne of the Sea Dragon. That was the name of the throne of a new city state that rose on the unnamed peninsula, not far from Xian. The small, but growing, city of Haisho had a long mythological history of many groups uniting to form the city, and eventually choosing a great ruler to be the father of their eternal dynasty. Haisho rose quickly, managing to control the trade of the peninsula and even a trickle of trade with far away Xian managed to find its way to Haisho. But Haisho is not alone, other city states on the peninsula have grown into prominence, and some even threaten Haisho's trade monopoly.

While Haisho was rising, in Xian things were a bit more complicated. The great horde of the Harhana has delayed its plans. While it has invaded vast lands, it was mostly farms and small communities. Yet their army grows more and more, and they are already hinting they will fall upon cities that will not pay them tribute. Chi'zuna, a small city, might find themselves forced to pay or find allied. Xian as well is all but surrounded by the horde, as is their enemy, the Ikenami. Ikenami refuses to pay tribute, and already has clashed with the horde. For now Ikenami were victorious, and drunk with victory they strike east.

The western city states choose whole other plans. The warlike O'mase invades Yuanti with their bigger army, only to find Yuanti has walled itself and will not fall. The city has been under siege for years now, and they call upon the other city states for aid against O'mase.

Nogaia
On the small island of Nogaia the storm has not come yet. The status-quo is kept for yet another era. The different cities remain at peace, albeit each declares itself the rightful capital of the entire island. No war has broken out yet.

The Fisofi continue to gain in numbers and strength, but they stay away from the three cities for the most part. They have little interest in war as of right now, for much greater threat is coming.

The weather has been worse than ever, and many are afraid the gods may be angry with the Nogaia. A great storm is brewing upon the island, as waves higher and higher crash into the coast. Will they survive?

DIPLOMACY
to Xian
From Harhana:
We are far more powerful than you. Pay us 1ep as tribute or we shall crash you.
From Ikenmai:
We have defeated the Harhana in battle! Our forces are the most powerful in the world! You shall be next!
From Chi'zuna:
Sign an alliance with us against the Harhana, and we shall support you against the Ikenmai.
From Yuanti:
Help us!!!

to Troja:
From Nycheos:
Hahaha!

to Nassiros:
From Hudeos:
HELP US!!!!!!!
From Minoa:
Remove your forces at ONCE!

MAP
Direct link
Spoiler :

OOC
Naming required from: Kentharu (indian city states), Krzowwh (Korean City states), Eltain and spacemen98 (Mesopotamian city states), SamSniped (the giant green tribe next to you), Tycho (name the new group of people that now forms all of north Italy and central Italy – it's some sort of Indo-european migratory people),
Mayor – outfitting a trade barge means taking it away from the merchants and using it for military action ;)

From now on orders in PM's. ONE PM per player. No more.
Write the nes name, your country name and the turn number that you are sending orders for (so now it would be orders for turn 4).
Everyone can now join, look at the first page for the areas map. You can join in red, green and grey.
And remember. Light grey HAS PEOPLE IN IT. They won't invade you, and will trade, but they will fight back, and will form unions if they are afraid of you.
Dark grey are moving hordes and migratory waves. They have dozens of units and some may even be capable to cross the sea. The really bad part is that unlike light grey – dark grey moves. So look at the dark grey blobs moving around the map, if they are heading to you, trained forces should be home.

Remember – merchant ships are used by merchants normally, unless outfitted and then they became war devices, the only big ones available.
Units available are your militias. They will fight anything that come inside your lands, but they are less trained and less powerful overall. They won't hold an enemy forever, especially not a horde.

Yes I know my hordes may be annoying. But they are always beatable. If they win, your country may fall, but your culture will probably remain.

HINTS:
There will be some major natural disasters. Like… Santorini

XIAN DIPLOMACY

To the Harhana:

Here is our counter offer: We shall pay you 2ep to not only divert your forces from us, but to destroy the Ikenmai with all of your forces. What say you?

To the Chi'zuna and Yuanti:

It seems we have similar goals in mind, survival, and it would be prudent to find strength in numbers. Therefore Xian proposes the creation of the Huang He League, we shall all form a defensive alliance and promise to provide military support when one member is attacked. As it stands we are brokering a deal with the Harhana to divert their complete attention to Ikenma so we should be free to provide support to Yuanti. After that is finished we can mass our armies to defeat the Harhana. What say you?

OOC: Somewhat disappointed that all my actions didn't increase my economy (or change anything) by a single point. These include raising taxes, capturing Kele, building infrastructure, and taking over parts of our religion. :/. Unless of course, this is all considered Status Quo.

I will roleplay as if my treasury has increased, the markets are full of freshly enslaved Kele, the walls are larger, the harbors more efficient, the library full and the citadel as dreadful as it is supposed to be.

Also, can you give me a bit more info about how... bad things really are? Is this just an oversized storm (Katrina), or is this an unnaturally and aberrational large storm (Sandy)?

India
Life in the Inglian three-way confederation was not easy. The river flooded greatly every year, causing countless deaths, Typhoons and Tsunamis arrived at the borders almost like clockwork. Yet a living was managed. Trade with nearby tribes was constant and wars were rare, after all, life was hard for the others as well. Yet not all is well now – a great Super Tsunami is crossing the ocean directly to Inglia. Will they survive?

HINTS:
There will be some major natural disasters. Like… Santorini

:eek::cringe::please::faint::eekdance: ...Challenge Accepted...:D

Also, Don't forget about Pompeii! ;)

You just had to plop me down in the lowest possible region of Bangladesh, didn't you?:p

Also, do the Inglias and the Bharata peoples have contact with each other? Either indirectly through a city-state or directly?

Looks like we are going to have to switch to a monarchy here.

Additionally, how can we raise our economic power in our nations?

Oh. Damn. Didn't expect such strong resistance to my conquering.
To Xurxu
From Iberia

We would like to ask for your aid in dispelling the uprising to our self, in return for a pact of alliance.

Also, can you give me a bit more info about how... bad things really are? Is this just an oversized storm (Katrina), or is this an unnaturally and aberrational large storm (Sandy)?

... what? :confused:

I think you got it backwards.

Sandy = Category 2

Katrina = Category 5

Unless of course, you were referring to size per area. In which case, you would be right I think. Sandy was very strange for the area it hit, Katrina less so.

Anyway, I will do some stuff later.

Spoiler :

Err... I want the areas around Shanghai. Patchy, say hi to your new neighbor~

Jinzhou/Bair_the_Normal [Adj. can be Jinzhou too]
Government: Elective Monarchy [Dunno what to call it] The heir to the throne is chosen by the incumbent monarch as the incumbent's first act on the throne.
Religion: Ancestral Worship
Stability: Stable
Economy: The many lakes and rivers of Jinzhou are home to several species of fish. Indeed, it is fish and salt that form the basis of the Jinzhou economy, and the barter of such items and their derivatives. Small amounts of gold, which the name "Jinzhou" comes from, exist around the city of Jinzhou itself.
Projects: None Yet
Information: The Golden Kingdom of Jinzhou was founded by the Great King Zhongye Hai, who fled south from the northern turmoil around Xian. Hai led his followers for many long years until he found a suitable place where they could build a city, where they could build lives, and where they could build a kingdom. He found a great hill, with small deposits of gold peeking out. He found lakes and rivers teeming with freshwater fish and shellfish. And there, he founded the Golden Kingdom of Jinzhou.
Unique unit: Yan-Gong. These archers wear only light armor, and for some more covert missions, are not even clad in any sort of armor, only regular clothing. However, armed with a smaller than usual bow and a miniature, easily concealable knife, the Yan-Gong are perfect for fighting while hidden and covert operations.

EDIT: Oops. Location goes somewhere here:

Hello Jinzhou. Want to join the Huang He League? We'll help you survive being conquered at the hands of barbarians and older nations.

Well, I did the comparison two ways.

First, is the storm localized or will it hit the entire island?

Am I used to weathering storms, or is this a new thing?

Is this an "OSNAP" thing or a "Meh, bigger than usual" thing?

All rolled into "Sandy, or Katrina".

--- ignore ---

Just a name we came up with for the moment. If you would like to suggest a better one then please go ahead.

Couple names here.

North America = Iatody Iatody is native name for the continent that stretches from the arctics north to the jungles of the far south continent.

Mississippi = Uhia The Uhia river is the lifeblood of the only civilized life on the entire continent of Iatody. It travels from the land of Nakohia all throughout the continent.

Louisiana = Nakohia The only cradle of civilization in the entire western hemisphere.

Well that seems nice for now so it will be used. But we will have to change it in the occasion that we add more nations to the League.

Well, I'm sure as hell not doing that again... At least not with the same good intentions :p

EDIT: I have a assumption I would like to have confirmed or negted. I assume the geography corresponds with RL geography, meaning volcanoes, tectonic plates are in locations that are realistically correct?

Erez, I sent you a PM, is there anything else needed from me? Would you prefer I post a template here?

Do we was RL names, or can I invent a whole new culture?

Top Bottom