erezNES - Waves of Civilization

The colony was on the west of Cretos. I'm pretty sure I said that earlier.

Sorry. Will be fixed by next update if it doesn't get wrecked anyway :p

XIAN DIPLOMACY

To the Harhana:

Here is our counter offer: We shall pay you 2ep to not only divert your forces from us, but to destroy the Ikenmai with all of your forces. What say you?

To the Chi'zuna and Yuanti:

It seems we have similar goals in mind, survival, and it would be prudent to find strength in numbers. Therefore Xian proposes the creation of the Huang He League, we shall all form a defensive alliance and promise to provide military support when one member is attacked. As it stands we are brokering a deal with the Harhana to divert their complete attention to Ikenma so we should be free to provide support to Yuanti. After that is finished we can mass our armies to defeat the Harhana. What say you?
to Xian
from Harhana:
You got yourself a deal.
from Yuanti:
SAVE US!!!!!! and we will join.
from Chi'zuna:
We accept.

OOC: Somewhat disappointed that all my actions didn't increase my economy (or change anything) by a single point. These include raising taxes, capturing Kele, building infrastructure, and taking over parts of our religion. :/. Unless of course, this is all considered Status Quo.

I will roleplay as if my treasury has increased, the markets are full of freshly enslaved Kele, the walls are larger, the harbors more efficient, the library full and the citadel as dreadful as it is supposed to be.

Also, can you give me a bit more info about how... bad things really are? Is this just an oversized storm (Katrina), or is this an unnaturally and aberrational large storm (Sandy)?
Economy doesn't grow just because you spend on it. It will slowly grow as you expand and as your state becomes stronger. Currently you have a small but powerful city people with awfully unhappy farmers. Why would those farmers be more effective?

And believe me, you do not want to attack the Fisofi by yourself. Remember that all those units available, are also militias defending themselves.

You just had to plop me down in the lowest possible region of Bangladesh, didn't you?:p

Also, do the Inglias and the Bharata peoples have contact with each other? Either indirectly through a city-state or directly?
Isn't that what you asked for? The biggest area?
No contact yet.

Looks like we are going to have to switch to a monarchy here.

Additionally, how can we raise our economic power in our nations?
Grow in land, trade, and population. All happen anyway most of the time. But the growth is slow for now. We are in like 2000-2500bc... Population wasn't big enough to hold large economies. And be happy you survived ;)

Well, I'm sure as hell not doing that again... At least not with the same good intentions :p

EDIT: I have a assumption I would like to have confirmed or negted. I assume the geography corresponds with RL geography, meaning volcanoes, tectonic plates are in locations that are realistically correct?

Yes Geography is RL. I'm going to have a blast blowing up Santorini :)

(I think you missed this post)

Erez, I sent you a PM, is there anything else needed from me? Would you prefer I post a template here?

Do we was RL names, or can I invent a whole new culture?

Erez, I sent you a PM, is there anything else needed from me? Would you prefer I post a template here?

Do we was RL names, or can I invent a whole new culture?

I did not recieve a new PM. And your older one doesn't have a real template. Just post one here. A big good one.

You are ENCOURAGED to invent new cultures.

And yeah I missed it while posting mine :p

But no need to repost. I always check back again and again.

Erez, I'm looking at the map..... did I destroy the city?

Erez, I'm looking at the map..... did I destroy the city?
It's population has either escaped or been enslaved. The city is gone, but its farmlands are being manned by your priests and most structures are intact, Just no one lives there.

EDIT: I mean 'Inglian Ocean'
I took the liberty of naming some of the more recognizable features ;).

Also, about how high is the tsunami that is coming towards me? Typically it seems like they are around the mid-teens in meters (about 14-16 meters).

Economy doesn't grow just because you spend on it. It will slowly grow as you expand and as your state becomes stronger. Currently you have a small but powerful city people with awfully unhappy farmers. Why would those farmers be more effective?

And believe me, you do not want to attack the Fisofi by yourself. Remember that all those units available, are also militias defending themselves.

Well, here are the things I did last turn.
1) I rebuilt the city defenses, adding land for the Dega to farm for defense, and increasing civic pride
2) I renovated the port, adding warehouses and docks
3) I added a granary to store taxes and to feed the city in case of disaster or siege
4) I installed a library to store our history as well as train scribes
5) I raised taxes and fees on the Dega
6) I started state cults, which the Dega pray to and whose tithes go to the state
7) I raided for more Kele, which will intensify cultivation on our farms
8) Excess Kele are sold to the other city states, with proceeds going to me.

So yeah, none of these would make my farmers more effective, not to mention I got more of 'em. I understand.

I already have this update's stuff planned out, so prepare for a story barrage! Hehe.

Also, did you every play Civ IV? Slavery is the best ancient era happiness civic EVAR! ;) :whipped:

EDIT: Still want to know slighty more about the Great Storm (named! Kagaia takruza), including whether we have any defenses against smaller versions of said storms before.

The God-Monarch Hotah raised his fist high above his head to silence the crowd; the gathered throng quieted to a dull roar, the best he could hope for.

"My people,"

he spoke.

"My people, I have a great need of you. The time has come,"

he went on.

"for us to let our voices be heard. The time has come,"

"For us to rise. I need this message heard throughout the lands, the lands of Akad, and Sumer, to the cities distant in the land of the rivers.

"Rise,"

he shouted.

"Rise!" all within earshot of the shout echoed, spreading the words far.

"Rise!"

again he projected to the crowd.

"Rise,"

They echoed, chorusing his words.

"Rise,"

"Rise,"

"Rise," the chorus echoed, again and again, until the words had reached every corner of the vast crowd; refugees: peasants, merchants, nobles and cobblers alike; Akadians and Sumerians; countrymen, fleeing the Guitian destrution and enslavement.

"My people,"

"MY PEOPLE," they echoed, spreading the chorus.

"MY PEOPLE," those in earshot rang.

"MY PEOPLE," into the distance now, receding every more distantly into the crowd.

"It is time,"

"It is time,"

"It is time,"

"It is time,"

"That we stood,"

"That we stood,"

"That we stood,"

"That we stood,"

"For what is right."

"For what is right."

"For what is right."

"For what is right."

"For what is needed,"

"For what is needed,"

"For what is needed,"

"For what is needed,"

"Is an end,"

"Is an end,"

"Is an end,"

"Is an end,"

"To the GUITIANS!"

"To the GUITIANS!"

"To the GUITIANS!"

"To the GUITIANS!"

The crowd erupted in hoops and cheers as this sentiment reached it. Hotah and his men raised clenched fists, thumbs extended outwards; the call for silence.

As the crowd grew more cooperative, he continued.

"What we need,"

"What we need,"

"What we need,"

"What we need,"

"Is to ride,"

"Is to ride,"

"Is to ride,"

"Is to ride,"

"Harn and spear,"

"Harn and spear,"

"Harn and spear,"

"Harn and spear,"

"To war!"

"To war!"

"To war!"

"To war!"

"To death!"

"To death!"

"To death!"

"To death!"

"To the WORLD'S END!"

"To the WORLD'S END!"

"To the WORLD'S END!"

"To the WORLD'S END!"

"Spread the word,"

"Spread the word,"

"Spread the word,"

"Spread the word,"

"We fight!"

"We fight!"

"We fight!"

"We fight!"

"We rise!"

"We rise!"

"We rise!"

"We rise!"

"WE FIGHT!"

"WE FIGHT!"

"WE FIGHT!"

"WE FIGHT!"

"WE WIN!"

"WE WIN!"

"WE WIN!"

"WE WIN!"

Hotah nodded subtly to his men, signalling that the plan was a go. Soon, a hundred mounted messengers and a thousand runners would visit every village and city in the Lands between the Rivers, and spread the message in the ancient way witnessed today.

To: Oppressed Akadians, Sumerians, rebelling city-states in Guitia; countrymen, kin, peasants and nobles alike

. . . . Rise.

To: The Guitian Confederacy

You will desist your oppression of the Sumerian and Akadian people and you will surrender a tithe of noble daughters for us to wed and sons for us to train as proper men.

Edit:

A map of Mesopotamia with proposed names for cities. Spaceman, thoughts? You're exterminating Sumerians so I used Sumerian names.

including whether we have any defenses against smaller versions of said storms before.

Yes, I would like to know if my peoples have any pre-built defense to these phenomenons as well. Such as a sea-wall or pre-determined escape routes. Seems like they would have developed some sort of defenses before-hand if they were like clockwork.

The horde has collapsed, victory is ours. We have turned the tide and the war against our foes, and now we must expand... bring our nation to further power, recruit more soldiers, take more land, claim more territory, push the borders out, take to the seas, and unite the warring tribes together under the one true banner of Talon. We have done great work so far, but hard and vicious roads lay ahead of us still. We will conquer and bring about a new dawn and era by the sword, slicing down those who stand in our path of honor and glory. Strength, power, glory, honor, and the blades of tens of thousands will push our foes back, slinging them forth from the doors of our nation, and spread our wroth across the world.

There will be no safety, no insurance of safety, until we have conquered all. The squabbling tribes that makes up the confederation so far has grown to large; there must be one leader above us all in order to provide the necessary guidance and leadership in order to make sure that the tribes do not quarrel, but instead turn their strengths inwards and meld them together. We have been through a fiery forge and crucible to create our new nation, and we will not be halted by anything at all. The world will quake beneath our feet as we march across the lands and the world itself and grind the ones who have no place here underneath our boots.

What was, will come again.

That, we can promise.

-Journal of the First King of Talon

To The Rebling Slaves: Weak Civilized folk. We crush you before, we crush you now. You can scarcely battle barley and wheat, though these plants do not even strick you. What hope do you have against true wariors, men stronger than stone?

The Guti where hillmen from the land east of Sumeria, called variantly Medea, Old Gutia or Farsia for the various tribes that inhabit it. Since they occupied the city states, it had become somewhat of a competition as to which warchief can make the most efficient workforce out of subjugated peoples. This has often led to revolts and rebellions, but they where always put down. Peasants with clubs where no match for axemen with bronze, skilled raiders who had lived by warfare many years and did not intend to stop. Now though, two things where different. First, the Guti where stronger and more unified. Second, the peasants now had foreing backing from the neo-Sumerian city of Akkad in the north. All of this made this revolt much more important than any other in the history of the Gutian alliance.

None of this was going thorough Tirigan's mind as he looked at the assembled peasants. He was much more concerned with the layout of the battelfield before him. These where not the hills of his childhood where we proved our strength hearding sheep, fighting bulls and battling each other in ritualized warfare. These where not the border regions that his father had used hit and run tactics to dominate, confusing the feeble Sumerians, folk fit only to battle barley. Behind him was Kadibra, with mud brick houses and stone mansions where warriors, chiefs and iron forgers lived. These where true men, strong, proven in ritual battles, where the warrior used a spear to face down an enraged bull, strong and worthy of thier power. Bellow where shacks where the farmers lived. Had these men been worthy, they would not have buckled so easily, but they can scarcly dominate the plants they discovered, much less fight like true warriors. Their wooden shacks where symbols of their shame. Now, they dare challenge us, proud strong men made of the stone of hills, when they are made out of but the feeble wheat which they farm? Ha! The crowd assembled bellow was large, but armed poorly, and cowards, Weak willed cowards they are, else why would they be doing work unworthy of a warrior?

The small division that Tirigan led was armed with axes and torches, painted and armored to frighten the feeble pesants. With a roar and charge, they descended upon the crowd, whoes weapons where agruicultural implements. After a few minutes of swinging axes, bonze, fire and blood, the surviving pesants fled and dispersed back to their farms. Several shacks where burning, the slaves would douse them. This uprising was scattered, but there where more. Tirigan knew that some weak cities had fallen to these revolts. It does not matter, for we are of bronze and these feeble cowards will scatter like dirt in the wind... Confident, he led his men to the nearby city of Ur, which the rebels call Hardraak, to join other warchiefs and destroy this uprising.

OOC: Yes, Sumerian names are good. I believe I used Uruk in my first post and will continue using Sumerian naming in my RP. Renaming cites is a task unworthy of a true warrior (and of my time and creativity)!

A small armed band raced towards his assembled army, which itself was armed to the teeth with pitch forks, clubs, spears and shields, his journeymen archers and spearlords all. Ill-armed for a proper army, true, but brave of spirit and fiercely resistant to the mass-murdering Guitians from the stone hills.

The band was armed with axes, swords, mauls.. the forces met, and his own men routed, but all was going according to plan. A rumbling cacaphony sounded, his trap set in motion. The war-carts pulled by ox and pony, horse and camel, appeared from the scraggling tree line and from behind the risen stone walls of the city of Hardraak. The Hadraaki Harn ripped onto the battle field, cleaving wans of enemies left and right, the archers astride the great trundling spiked carts picking down Guiti at every turn.

Where once the bronze ruled, now the cart; the Harn. Beset by foes appearing on all sides, thundering and powerful as the ox that pulled them along, the enemy army retreated, Tigrian wounded by a chance arrow and his pride bruised, but unslain. They would not attack again for a fortnight, Hotah guessed.

OOC: Okay. My city is called Hardraak, not Ur.

Edit: Also, I have stone city walls, if I recall.

I know, I intended the story to be for a relativly small uprising in another city (let orders and RNG decide actually meaningful battles) but if you want I can change the name.

Well, as I am Ur renamed. So I responded with a story. Change it if you want, or not.

Oh, so that's where Ur went!:hmm:

Solution:
1: I continue to call it Ur because we do not recognize your uprising.
2: I rename the city in my post to Kadibra, which is conveniently nearby and has rebels around it but not in it.
3: I add a paragraph about Tigrian going to Ur/Hardraak and all of our stories become consistent!

Post edited. Does this work?

Spoiler :
Romarge/Arrow Gamer
Merchant Republic
Religion: Polytheism
Stability: Stable
Economy: 5 (0) (0)
Military: (5 units available, 15 trade barges available); 1 Marines (-1)
Projects: Port of Romarge (4/5)

Invest 1 EP on the port
Spend one EP on upkeep
Spend 2 EP on subsidizing farmers and encouraging trade
Spend 1 EP on building slightly larger boats.

Raise all 5 units and my Marines and sneak attack Carome under the cover of darkness.
Use any boats I build to blockade them.

Top Bottom