1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

'Error joining multiplayer session'

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Nuclear Dude, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Nuclear Dude

Nuclear Dude Chieftain

Aug 23, 2009
    Hey all. Me and my friend where enjoying a nice AI game of Civ 5, then I had to go for a while, but later on when I'm back and when he was available, we wanted to continue. Then all of a sudden it says 'Error joining multiplayer session'.
    Nothing had changed since we last played. And we can't even join normal internet mulitplayer games.

Anyone had this before and knows what to do, or any idea what has happened?
    (BTW we did try things like restarting our computers, routers, and disabling the firewall etc, no luck) :(
  2. Malkiot

Malkiot Chieftain

Jul 14, 2013
    Just happened to me after installing BNW.
  3. Suna

Suna Chieftain

Jul 16, 2013
    Same problem here.. Since i installed BNW i am unable to join -or host- a multiplayer game. It just says "Error joining multiplayer session'

I never had this problem with Civ5 vanilla or G&K