Error loading save game

JanusTalaiini

Prince
When I try to load a saved game, I get a "Failure to uncompress game data" error. Any idea what causes this?

A New Dawn, 1.55. It's odd, because I was able to reload the autosave from the very beginning, but not ones later on.

I changed to playing the Orion custom map (was playing a pangea random map before), and haven't had the issue so far. Crossing my fingers!

A New Dawn, 1.55. It's odd, because I was able to reload the autosave from the very beginning, but not ones later on.

I changed to playing the Orion custom map (was playing a pangea random map before), and haven't had the issue so far. Crossing my fingers!
That is a known bug in that version. Afforess has fixed it in the beta version.:D

Short Explanation:

Firaxis caused it. :p

Long Explanation:

Saving fails rarely in the official AND 1.55 due to unforeseen circumstances. Particularly, units that were not part of any unit_combat were never meant to be given a :strength:. However, there are units in RoM that do have no unit combat and a strength, for example, the trade caravan. This caused the game to have a buffer under-run and fail to save the bit stream properly. A friendly programmer jumped on board and caught this, gave me the fix, and it appears AND 1.60beta is 100% stable.

Ahh, I see. Well, guess I'll have to grab the beta then! :D

Thanks for the explanation. Great mod, by the way! All the new buildings and resources and tactics make the builder in me leap for joy.

Top Bottom