Ethiopia Save Game.. tips toward victory?

Bottles

Chieftain
Hey fellas,

G&K Expansion

So i've been playing this game for the last couple of days (Ethiopia, Large Shuffle, King, Epic length) and i'm wondering if from where I have saved I can win. Sweden has been unchecked for far too long, i'm split between a Culture win and a Science.. however I don't think either is possible. I'm running out of time.

Although at year 2005AD Sweden wins a diplomatic victory (I played through) Is the game lost indefinitely? I feel as if I've screwed myself as I was playing very passive against everyone - Sweden and I have been friends since the dawn of time.

So if you're up for it have a look at my game and suggest to me things that will turn it around. I've been trying to find a solution for a solid day of daydreaming or something like that. There's a few of with the skills to take on Emporer and above.. so some insight from you guys might help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Ethiopia !.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
I loaded up this save and well imediately saw the problem. The empire Sweden has built up is massive! The main issue with the science victory is that it will take too many turns to get to the last part need for the spaceship as you havent researched a great deal into the top of the tech tree on that side. Culturally is your best bet as you are ahead and are actually quite near however again the turns it takes means you won't reach it in time. I did try declaring war with sweden and planned on attacking stockholm (their capital) directly however the direct attack wasn't an option as their navy is huge. I had the following units:
2 Rocket Artillery (1 purchased)
3 Tank units
4 Infantry (Not the great war version)
1 Paratrooper
1 Destroyer
1 Battleship

at the southern most area of swedens empire where he hadnt fully expanded his borders. Near a city called Birca or something like that. I began attacking however he has many air units and also helicopter gunships did appear which proved hard to take down. This was all done by 1989 and I think if you are able to assemble some forces down their with anti-aircraft guns (SAM missiles) to take out and stop jets/bombers I think you may be able to take some of his cities or raze them at least. I think from their you might be able to move onto his capital and take that. I financed part of the upgrading and purchasing of units by sending a merchant (bought with faith) to milan. A war might halt his victory for some time especially if you take Stockholm and may give you time for science or culture. Another way you could try is generating money from trade missions and buying out the allied city-states of Sweden preventing his diplomatic victory (I didn't try this though).

should have posted this in the gods and kings forum. Moderator Action: *snip*

Top Bottom