Etiquette on captive soldiers.

101rstImperial

Warlord
:blush: :) So, I just got done invading a province, and they had no Fort/Castle so in an open field battle I captured 170 of their soldiers....

What do I do with them?

Are they absorbed into my ranks automatically?

Should I just kill em?

(Medieval: TW Question, btw)

No. The decision I've found to be a tough one.

If you captured a lot of units that you don't want to fight again, you may want to kill. If you're cash strapped and you captured a royal, though, you probably don't want to--they net you about 10,000 florins.

One thing that you absolutely must keep in mind, though. If you do it more than once with the same general, he will get morale lowering vices. The first time you get "scant mercy," which is +1 dread. The next time it's "no mercy," which penalizes 1 morale, and after that (with maybe a level or 2 in between) you get "butcher," which is something like a 3-5 point morale penalty. So be careful.

One thing that you absolutely must keep in mind, though. If you do it more than once with the same general, he will get morale lowering vices. The first time you get "scant mercy," which is +1 dread. The next time it's "no mercy," which penalizes 1 morale, and after that (with maybe a level or 2 in between) you get "butcher," which is something like a 3-5 point morale penalty. So be careful.

Much, much thanks for that.

Top Bottom