Eusebius Live Animals

What portion of this in python is for making the animals come into YOUR territory?

It isn't in Python. It is the bAnimals XML flag in the UnitInfos file. If that is set to 1/true, then they won't enter your territory. I set it to 0/false for all animals.

Eusebius

It isn't in Python. It is the bAnimals XML flag in the UnitInfos file. If that is set to 1/true, then they won't enter your territory. I set it to 0/false for all animals.

Eusebius

But what if you only want the "captured" animals to enter your territory, not the barbarian ones?

But what if you only want the "captured" animals to enter your territory, not the barbarian ones?

Short of SDK modding, I don't think that is possible. I wasn't willing to go to that much effort, but if you are then please post how you did it. [Stopped typing for a minute there to take a quick look at the SDK and it wasn't immediately obvious to me how one would go about this. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a 'SetAnimal' function to go with 'IsAnimal' even at the C++ level.]

I suppose you could gimmick something up in Python, but I have personally found unit movement in Python to be pretty complicated.

The only other thing I can think of is to duplicate all the animal unit entries in XML. One set would have bAnimal set to true and would be created as Barbarian units. The other set would have it as false and would be the ones created when captured or produced from your lands. That is probably how I would approach it.

Eusebius

It's actually not a hard change to make in the SDK to either make a "setAnimal" function or to simply alter the check that permits animals into your borders. Basically, it would be that if the unit was an Animal AND a Barbarian, it wouldn't be allowed inside borders.

Dont know for sure, but i went thru the tutorial and thought i did it correctly, (about fifteen times) and when i put the dll in the MOD it did nothing to change, still cant get the animals to enter my territory after i capture them?

I had these three done, but i just cant get them to work??:mad:

Anyone updating this for BTS 3.13?

Hey folks, thanks for the interest. My job situation is not permitting me to get into BtS modding, but I would be happy to support anyone else who wanted to take this on. Shouldn't be too tough. The bulk of the work was in Python which should transfer fairly well.

Eusebius

Top Bottom