Ever exiled???!!!!

Have you ever been exiled in RFC?

• Total voters

myfamilyguy76

Chieftain
So have you ever been exiled ever in RFC. yes/ no? provide story
For people who have. How did it happen?

It was my first Mayan game. I left my capital undefended and when the conquerors came they exiled me to Russia. :)

Yep. My first American game, and I accidentally moved the unit I was defending Washington with--on my first turn. By the time I realized my mistake, my defender was out of movement points, and I noticed the one British unit nearby was a Redcoat adjacent to my capital. I was exiled to...Antarctica (not kidding)

So the consensus is that whenever your capital gets captured you're exiled.

Where in Antartica? there's no space to work.:)

Yes, playing Maya like anotherpacifist, I wasn't well prepared. I didn't know they would get explorers that early. (Advanced Romans.) I was sent to Turkyey.

How do you even get exiled?

Try it, it's hilarious. What happens is that you don't even see your capital being captured. It's similar to whenever you switch civs in the middle of the game, except that there's a dialog box saying that your conquerors have exiled you to X (where X for me was Siberia) for slave labor.:lol:

I was exiled (to France) when I lost Lisbon to Spain while playing Portugal. Happened about 4 turns before I was going to get the UHV, very annoying. Had to back track about 50 years and up the defences in Lisbon. This worked, the Spanish didn't even declare war (odd?).

I think I had too much culture growing out of Lisbon and it upset the Spanish too much. That and I didn't leave enough troops in the capital to deter Isabella. I was otherwise trying to appease her at all costs.

does that always happen to u if ur mayan and the conquerers event happens to u?

Dunno, since I was never so careless again.:p

The only time I lost my capital was to barbs as the Aztecs (in Warlords), though I actually actually quit when the unit was sitting beside Tenochtitlan, with no defenses. So I didn't get to see if this happened. I normally quit if my capitol is in a position to be lost, maybe I will let someone take it in my current game to see what happens.

The only time it happened to me was when I was purposely trying to destroy my empire, and I am not saying that to be smug, as I am not a perfect player and have had games fail for other less extreme reasons before, but this time I wanted to purposely destroy my empire for a simulation based fun.

I built up the original roman empire, with some help from world builder, with the intent to force myself to stagnate and die out by 1000 AD. I was exiled to Portugal in 1450 AD when I was down to just a few scattered cities. :D

This stagnation had a few wild world wars though. My favorite was when I blindly tried to take my German and French lands back! Rome fell that time.

Top Bottom