Ever had an almost Real Life experience in game?

Wondering Kid

Prince
Hi guys! First of all, I am well aware that DoC is not about mimicking Real Life 100%, but to provide alternate history scenarios. And I like it that way, most of the time at least (Exceptions being Super Mongolia on the 20th Century and Japanese Incas/Aztecs :lol: )

Anyhow, my question is; have you ever had quasi - Real Life events unfold in your games? On their specific Real Life time frame? That you haven't actually generated that is (although, if you did actively get involved in that, by all means tell so :D ) As in, for example; Japan taking over Eastern Asia on the 19th-20th Century? Korea being divided, and occupied by two superpowers on the 20th Century? The Napoleonic Wars taking place? The Scramble for Africa?

For example, I once had Italy actually trying to conquer Abyssinia during the 30s. They actually managed to pull that off, kinda surprising considering they had a couple of Bersaglieres to begin with and had to contest the place with a bunch of Ottoman/Arab leftover troops.

The Tube appeared at the right place but a little late.... quite appropriate!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 438
One real life experience we will never have is Johannes Gutenberg bulbing the Printing Press.

One real life experience we will never have is Johannes Gutenberg bulbing the Printing Press.

That can be "fixed" if you change a Great Scientist's name to Johannes Gutemberg. Unless we cannot bulb Printing Press... I dunno, we can do it? Haven't played as HRE for a while....

Hello, I´m new here, by the way, once I fought the world war I, it was me (as Russia), England and USA against the ottoman empire and prussia. France was gone, like Italy and Sweden, I remember it started around 1900

Welcome to the boards!

Hello, I´m new here, by the way, once I fought the world war I, it was me (as Russia), England and USA against the ottoman empire and prussia. France was gone, like Italy and Sweden, I remember it started around 1900

Congratulations mate, you just had Leoreth himself greeting you :p Hmm, decent one I guess :lol:

Don't forget to take three steps backwards before you turn :D

When playing as the roman I obtained Scipio Africanus as a great general due to my war in Africa against the Carthagese. How accurate is that !

Pretty impressive that he circumnavigated the world on the year he was born.
"has been born".

Since he has come to the emperor's (my) notice I would assume he had come of age already.

He's one of my favorite historical figures. This really gave me a huge grin on my face.

btw Ever been to the Francis Drake Hotel in SF's Union Square?

"has been born".

Since he has come to the emperor's (my) notice I would assume he had come of age already.

He's one of my favorite historical figures. This really gave me a huge grin on my face.

btw Ever been to the Francis Drake Hotel in SF's Union Square?

Yes, pretty much almost 2-3 days a week.

I see the greeters in the Sir Francis Drake costumes with reliable regularity.

I just passed it by today in fact on route to my school's Powell St. building,
though that probably outs where I go to now.

Yes, pretty much almost 2-3 days a week.

I see the greeters in the Sir Francis Drake costumes with reliable regularity.

I just passed it by today in fact on route to my school's Powell St. building,
though that probably outs where I go to now.

There's nothing to be ashamed about going to SFSU other than you hitting 33 bits of entropy.

Top Bottom