Exact mechanics of technology cost and number of cities

wfeiger

Chieftain
Hello, what is the exact formula for how technology cost is affected by the number of cities? Some old threads said that it was a 10% additional cost for every city built after your 10th, but has there been any shift in this? Furthermore, will there be a change in 1.18 considering the map size is increasing significantly? Thanks a bunch for answering my questions!

BTW, Leoreth, if you are reading this, you are amazing!

That information is outdated, there is no increased technology cost based on the number of cities anymore.

How does the increase in technology cost occur in this latest version?

I remember that when a tech is researched by another CIV, even if she doesn't want to trade with me, just because she has already researched it, the cost reduces a little for my CIV as well.

- Another doubt, Leo, where to find the research priority list by each CIV, having this information about AmericaCIV, England CIV, Holland CIV is very useful.

The only increase in tech cost that can occur is based on technology spread, i.e. technologies known by few or no other civilizations are more expensive (this applies only the player). This additional tech cost is shown in your technology tooltip.

And there is no deterministic tech priority list.

And there is no deterministic tech priority list.
In that part I was referring to the priority points that each CIV gives to certain techs. If I remember correctly, there was a time I saw here on the forum, where I saw information/list of these scores. They were like a score that made CIV more inclined to research a certain tech first. not being deterministic but increasing prioritization

Example:
AmericaCIV
Rocktry: 20
Journalism: 15
Assembly line: 20

Something similar to this. I wish I could see this in the MOD codes.

You can find this in Civilizations.py.

Top Bottom