Exiles

BJ Joey

Chieftain
Even though I cannot see him, there seems to be an exile running around my territory destroying roads. I assume that he is from a nation that I have all but destroyed. How can I best deal with this exile?

By having enough Enforcers (or whatever), including on the plots you want to guard.
Exiles (and Criminals) are beyond annoying.
I've literally seen AI building Exiles for some dumb reason.
It's a thing that must definitely be fixed, because it makes no sense beyond deliberate trolling.

I agree! Sometimes I use WorldBuilder to kill them.
My point is that it's beyond strange to be able to build Criminals deliberately - that goes contrary to the concept itself, lol.
I concur with the passive auto-build effects, though - because those actually make sense.
There should really be a separation between "hired mercenaries" (being used as spies or hooligans in FOREIGN cities) and "outlawed criminals" (spawning in YOUR cities to harass YOU) - yet there currently isn't any at all.
That's both historically (and conceptually) weird - and introduces the mechanic where AI builds Criminals and uses them as Mercenaries, despite the CONCEPTUAL difference.
Plus, of course, how annoying they are in general, too.
Dunno, but I think this is one of the worst (or least refined) ideas of C2C, sorry to say.

Criminals can be seen by dogs unit. Keep one dog in every town and promote it with track scent and you are good.

Top Bottom