Existing Buildings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Enclosure - Amphibian Pond gets +2 :science: at Scientific Method, but obsoletes at Chemistry, which is in the very next tier of techs. Could it be possible to spread this out a bit, so the +2 :science: doesn't come just before the building itself obsoletes?

I've noticed that from the Industrial era onwards, if you have the three available 'Food Storage' buildings in your city (Modern Granary, Modern Warehouse, and the Refrigerator Factory), you will store 100% of food after growth (the food growth values for the three buildings are 50%, 30%, and 20% respectively). Is this WAD? Especially considering that you'd get a value over 100% if you build the Strategic Grain Reserve or the Palace of Potala in a city.

I've noticed that from the Industrial era onwards, if you have the three available 'Food Storage' buildings in your city (Modern Granary, Modern Warehouse, and the Refrigerator Factory), you will store 100% of food after growth (the food growth values for the three buildings are 50%, 30%, and 20% respectively). Is this WAD? Especially considering that you'd get a value over 100% if you build the Strategic Grain Reserve or the Palace of Potala in a city.

So what happens at that point? Do you get a pop every round until you balance out on your food source or do you get it all in one round? Or something else?

So what happens at that point? Do you get a pop every round until you balance out on your food source or do you get it all in one round? Or something else?

I don't know - I just noticed when I was looking through the Granary-like buildings, and noticed the oddity.

The amount needed for each pop level increases so it wont equate to growth every round, but it still sounds over-powered, and at OVER 100% especially so (that MIGHT lead to growth every turn)

The amount needed for each pop level increases so it wont equate to growth every round, but it still sounds over-powered, and at OVER 100% especially so (that MIGHT lead to growth every turn)

I was thinking that Modern Granary, Modern Warehouse, and the Refrigerator Factory should in total give 70% food storage - high, but not excessively so - and then Strategic Grain Reserve & the Palace of Potala each give +10% storage each (instead of the +20% currently), so that the absolute maximum (if you have all five) is 90%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom