Exotic Unit Pack - Mod Collaboration Thread

Oooh, for the dive bomber, unit, I think it could get a bonus against land units that aren't armored units, and the bomber can be better against cities. I think that would make them both equally useful.

Just an idea. :)

Oooh, for the dive bomber, unit, I think it could get a bonus against land units that aren't armored units, and the bomber can be better against cities. I think that would make them both equally useful.

Just an idea. :)

Whatever Ideas you got I will make into art and hopefully Sman can implant as much as possible.

Yeah, Draco - still in the planning stages, but I'm hoping to get to this in a couple of weeks - splitting the "normal" units away from the "Exotic Units" mod.

The new mod will focus on providing a similar number of units that can be trained "normally" and available to all civs. The intent is to make the normal game much more interesting in Epic/Marathon - so you won't have to play a 1000 turns with a Musketman... We're looking for missing capabilities, support (ranged) units, anything that there's no, or not enough of in the normal game.

First challenge? What to call the "Non-Exotic Units" mod? Definitely need a better name than that! :lol:

You know, this mod would work amazing with, say, TacTurns, or even Historical Eras mods. Mostly for the reasons you've already mentioned before at either Steam or here. (Like using the same troop over and over, etc.)

Kinda sleepy right now, and can't think correctly, so if that sentence doesn't make sense, I apologize. :p

A name suggestion: Advanced Units.

The "Advanced" because these units seem to be specialized in certain areas.

The camels are desert based, the elephants are pre-tank tanks (?), and, judging from the chat, some of the proposed units are also specialized.

Top Bottom