Experiment: Persia that starts with Mathematics

I'm not sure whether I'm doing the correct thing, but

teamPersia.setHasTech(con.iWriting, True, iCiv,
False, False)
teamPersia.setHasTech(con.iMathematics, True, iCiv,
False, False)
teamPersia.setHasTech(con.iHunting, True, iCiv, False, False)
hope the game doesn't crash or anything :lol:

If you come across any problems, I'll try to help to my best capability.

It'll be worth it, RFC becomes so much more complete with diverse unit/building graphics. :D

It's working. The Persians could now calculate immediately when they spawn!

The diverse unit thing didn't go so well though, for some reasons it just wouldn't work :mad:

Hey, how did you get the dynamic civ names to appear on the scoreboard, or did a new version come out already lol.

Go to Assets->Python->CvMainInterface.py and search for 'CivShortDescription'. There's two lines there which have it, cut the 'Short' out of them so they only read 'CivDescription'.

ok, i found it, but its in assets/pythons/screens/cvmaininterface.py
and its not civshort description its civilizationshort description.
just in case other ppl want to know how.

ok, i found it, but its in assets/pythons/screens/cvmaininterface.py
and its not civshort description its civilizationshort description.
just in case other ppl want to know how.

Yeah that's it, thanks. I went by memory when telling how to do it, so it's good someone clarified the info.

another thing, I just started a game, and i added that varietias thingy, and i looked at the worl map and persia had a city in korea with out my help. weeeeeiiiiiirrrrrrrrddddd

Very important observation, since it seems that Persia plays a far better game with Mathematics. Two times, can't be a coincidence...

I started as the germans, and @micbic, I didn't do anything to persia, that was random, I have no idea why they were there, I have no screen because I was trying to rush and figure out how to put stuff on world builder. figured that out thru trial and error.

Sometimes Persia wanders with an immortal in Asia, and stumbles on independent Seoul; if it's undefended, why not take it ?

Sometimes Persia wanders with an immortal in Asia, and stumbles on independent Seoul; if it's undefended, why not take it ?

Yeah, that's it. While being a rare sight, I've seen it quite a few times. Without any outside help they often don't expand their Manchurian borders, unlike in my case.

I used to see Persia wander into Korea with a single immortal all of the time in the previous patches, due to the lower amount of barbs.

I don't recall the American Refugees.Which government doyou use?

Oh, I changed a whole lot of the dynamic civ names so they sound more interesting to role-play as. "American peoples" I found myself un-okay with, even if "American Refugees" wasn't exactly correct either. The screenshot was taken right after the auto-play sequence ended, so no civic changes were yet made or a city founded. Currently, America remains as the United States in my game only when a democracy.

There might be other changed civ names in the picture but I can't remember anymore which were the originals and which weren't. :p Democratic Republic of India and Tributary Mexican State are probably also changes I've made.

Top Bottom