Exploit?

Neo Guderian

Panzerarmee General
Finally beat this the first time today and it was great. 13 hours of playtime on Monarch Normal. Man it was a brutal fight. Took Belenus and tromped all over the map. Man that dragon is awesome looking!. He really isn't that effective because he can only attack once per turn, though. So I fed him a steady supply of archer-burgers while I hunted down Mulcarn. The Stag is awesome too!

However, the point of the thread is about the game before. I took the Hunter hero (Caer~~~?) and I sent him out into the wilderness where he leveled quite a buit whilst i turtled my civ to withstand the onslaught of illian xbows. Thats when it happened...

I ended the turn and heard the distinct sound of a city being captured. People where screaming and whatnot. Confused, I clicked the red text that told me my city had been captured, and the screen wizzed all the way to the east. There, sitting in the smoldering city that had been mine the turn before, was a huge FREAKING bird of GIANORMOUS PROPORTIONS!!. This was a city that was just north of the capitol and had not even been garrissoned because the mountains blocked passage. Or so I thought..

So, I mustered some defenses to protect the capitol while my uber-Hunter raced home to fell the demonbirdofhell. Except, thats not what happened..

Turns out, I had the capture animal promo and thus when my hero arrived, there was a severely wounded Fiarna the North Wind (or something like that) that became mine.

So,, can you imagine the carnage I wrought with a fully promoted 11 str God-Bird.

Except, turtling had been a dumb idea and was overwhelmed by enemy xbows so I had to quit. But wow, man that bird rocks. So If you can get lucky enough to catch it while playing with Belenus, winning should be easy.

Heya,

the Bird (;)) is intended to be captureable, its part of the fun, if it happens in your scenario.

but for me its more interesting to hear, do you like the dragon better than the dragons in normal FfH II ? (if you have ever played FfH II, that is)

Heya,

the Bird (;)) is intended to be captureable, its part of the fun, if it happens in your scenario.

but for me its more interesting to hear, do you like the dragon better than the dragons in normal FfH II ? (if you have ever played FfH II, that is)

I prefer Acheron in normal FfH. But thats probably because it gently stays home and only buggers me with a few fires from times to times. :)

I prefer Acheron in normal FfH. But thats probably because it gently stays home and only buggers me with a few fires from times to times. :)

oh, no i mean the graphics.
The textures are different, i am not talking about the colours ;) but e.g. the eye s and the whole body texture...

There is a dragon! Just great. I'm getting my butt kicked on Noble. :) Oh well, I've never been very good anyway.

I love capturing "The Bird" (whose name I can't remember). My first game it went after my hero hunter as I was exploring. I got lucky and captured it. My second game, I intentionally waited and leveled up a hunter before heading north to where it lairs.

I find that once you get Blitz on it, "The Bird" is the ultimate interceptor for protecting your cities from incoming stacks. It "pecks" them down to manageable size and retreats to a mountain peak to heal up. :lol:

My biggest disappointment in my second game:

Spoiler :
I found Uthgard, with a giant standing watch in it. My hunter had no chance of taking it, so I sent a small stack including Epona to do so. By the time I got there, a Frostling had taken over as the guard. :rolleyes: Silly AI.

Fiarca the SouthWind(Fiacra the NorthWind), fully promoted, was still easily defended against by enemy advanced archery units. Still, withdraw promos are good.

P.S. Maybe the unit should be named 'Great Eagle', and when its spawned it's renamed to Fiarca.

it would be interesting to have Fiacra's Brood as units in the actual mod.

eagles that start of samll and young, but eventually grow to be as strong and powerful as the Fiacra... maybe created only in a specific place that had to be captured?

I have to play the scenario again... I really got ripped...
No Giant god bird from hell...
And....
No pirate ship...

Lucky I had the floating eye spell to get the sword piece from the island.

Well actually a have played the mod only once, and i loved it (i am downloading the normal FFH to play now :) )

The only thing i didint like was just these unbalanced units, i played on monarch, marathon.

I got the same luck of finding the bird, he killed a mamuth that i was taking back to capture a city (i discovered latter that mamuths do not atack :( ) , and the bird killed my mamuth, getting damaged in the processs, so my hero hunter captured him the next turn... some turns latter i got an event about an ogre, that i healed and gained the unit.

Well with these 2 units i got that barbarian city out of the valley, after it comes dozen of barbarians, that got my 2 super units around lvl 10... i just got the pass from the moutain blocked by warriors, and the rest of the game was these 2 units walking into enemies cities, while my super hunter explored the map to find the sword...

I think the game would have been a great chalenge if was not for these units, the hero units should be strong not SUPER strong, after you get them is game over, you win.

Anyway as said before, very good mod, good ideia, well made and so on :)

Pop the difficulty up a level or 2, and move to a faster game speed. That will lower the effect of the heroes :) Playing on marathon means that it takes too long to build the kind of stack that can counter a hero, and each loss to him is a huge knock to the enemy.

I've only played the scenario once I was doing really well (and I hadn't saved since like the begining). Anyway I was just kicking the dovelio's ass when I got an event saying a Illian priest had come to spread handism (or w.e) to my capital. The town had a load of angry people in so I thought a religion and a temple would cheer them up, so I said the priest counld spread his religion and my capital city was flattened by a glacier :( Stupid Mulcarn, thinks his stupid religion's too good for me :mad:

You sure it was a religious victory? I remember it as a conquest victory when my only city was razed by the White Hand of Mulcarn.

Can't recall for sure, but it was due to allowing the Hand to spread into my city, so I always dubbed it as a Religious Victory (well, my Religious Defeat).

Mainly, happy to know that you don't completely lose the game as long as you have another city somewhere by that time.

Yeah but I only had a pretty crappy town left so I gave up lol. Must play it again some time though. What's the best hero to choose, d'you think?

I personaly prefer the hunter (Who doesn't like to capture birds :) )

When I played it I took the mage but she was pretty useless really, I remember I had a lot of children of Kyrolin who could cast better spells then her. I don't think I ever made it to upgrading her though.

Top Bottom