Exploits that ought to be fixed

Qwan

Warlord
[1.0.12.9] I'm sure there are more exploits than these. But IMO these are the worst. Please fix.

#1: If an AI player has 39 strategic resources, they will not sell you any. If they have 40, they will sell you all of them. (And then you can sell them back, at a huge profit, for infinite gold, as at least one YouTube video shows.) Simple fix: don't allow the AI to sell an amount that drops them below 40.

#2: Early game, the AI will sell you diplomatic favor FOR FREE. You can buy up to 20 a turn, ask what the AI player wants for it -- that will be either 1 or 2 gold. But you can match whichever they ask on their side, for a net of zero. You can then sell the diplomatic favor back one at a time for 1 or 2 gold each. Getting 15 gpt or more for each Civ you meet early game is a huge advantage. [In actuality, you quickly drain all your neighbors of their gold, which significantly slows their development. But you accumulate a lot of diplomatic favor, which you can sell later when the price goes up, continuing the advantage.] Simple fix: disallow ANY trading of diplomatic favor.

Honestly, there is no good reason I can think of for allowing trading of diplomatic favor. Disallowing it might encourage players to spend more on voting.

Honestly, there is no good reason I can think of for allowing trading of diplomatic favor.
Those exploits don't bother me, never use them, and I think allowing DF trading is absolutely fine - don't see any reason to ban it.

Those exploits don't bother me, never use them, and I think allowing DF trading is absolutely fine - don't see any reason to ban it.
I never used the first one, and have stopped using the second, they are not necessary to win at Deity.
Question: do you ever have reason to BUY diplomatic favor? If you don't, then why should the AI?

Top Bottom