Extracting the game icons...

The Observer

Chieftain
I'm working on a project involving the icons from the game, and have been using Nexus and Civ DDS Unpacker to get most of the icons, but not all.

How do you manage to extract the icons from wonderatlas.dds? I managed to extract most of the icons using nexus to translate the assets to the resource folder, then unpacked them. But the issue is, the Civ DDS Unpacker does not unpack all of the DDS files. Do you know what the issue is here? If not, do you know who does? I've search everywhere with no results...

Also, I've seen some of the icons in resolutions up to 800x800 pixels on the web, where could those have possibly come from?!

I'm not sure if this is any help, but I had a similar project a few weeks ago, involving the loading screens.

I used a program called Dragon Unpacker to extract the .dds files from the .fpk files. Then, I had to use another program called DDS_Converter 2.1 to convert the .dds files into a printable format, such as .jpg or .png.

That worked for me, but I have no experience using the programs you mentioned, unfortunately. Good Luck :king:

So I checked that program out (many thanks for the reference), but it wasn't working so well. But I researched the program, and came across another program (DXTBmp) that allowed me to edit the .dds files, and then export the alpha layer and the images them selves. This will have to work for now.

Thank you!

*The 800x800 sized images are still a mystery to me.

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C.

What exactly do you need?
Because I have most of the icons as .png here.

Also, I've seen some of the icons in resolutions up to 800x800 pixels on the web, where could those have possibly come from?!

The devs, showing some previews?
Some of the artists have their own blogs and showed some of their work there.

What exactly do you need?
Because I have most of the icons as .png here.

I need most of the game's icons (units, buildings, technologies, civs). I have most of them in 256x256 .png form. But not all can be accessed easily from conventional methods. Where exactly do you have most of the icons?

Thanks all.

We have a big part of them on the server, and I should also have them here in a .zip file.
Is there anything which you do not need? Because the whole thing is 27mb.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you're doing, but if it's something not civ related, then please be aware of the copyright.

You, Sir, are a saint. Some of the images are different sizes, but I cannot complain. They have borders and everything! Thank you. You can expect some neat charts. :lol:

You, Sir, are a saint. Some of the images are different sizes, but I cannot complain. They have borders and everything! Thank you. You can expect some neat charts. :lol:

Ah, the smaller ones are the ones from G&K.
Didn't notice that, but I guess vexing resized them so that we can use them better here in the forum.

And I'm eager to see the charts :).

Top Bottom