Extremely long loading time between turns

K0alabear

Chieftain
Yo,

Has anyone been experiencing problems with slow turns? I was playing a game with a friend online and at the renaissance era my turns began to take more time. My friend's turns was completed before mine so he had to always wait for my turn calculations before he could proceed to do anything... I remember having this same issue on vanilla before it was fixed by a patch... although now it seems to be me only..

There was something on 2k forums about changing gamecorethreading to 0 but that didn't help either.

This is a new game which we recently started. I haven't played single player up to the same era so can't tell if its multiplayer-only issue. This is really annoying since it basically stops me/us from finishing games coz the turns take way too long..

So I was wondering if any1 else has the same problem and if it was solved somehow?

As i said in the title, the game has an extremely long time to load the next turn.
I have this specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3,0 Ghz
Video Card: Zotac Nvidia GTX580 3 Gb Video RAM
RAM: 4 Gb DDR2 667 Mhz Kingston
HDD: Maxtor 500 Gb 7200 RPM
Motherboard: ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe Wi-fi AP Edition

It takes about 38 seconds to load at turn 250 in a Big Pangea map with 6 players and 12 city-states, quick speed.
Before G&K was installed the game used to be more reactive than this... i have a good computer i think, i don't know why it takes so long with not so much AIs.
Oh, I've already installed the latest Video Drivers, nothing changed...
Can anyone help me?
Thanks. :)

Define "slow" please.

Yes sorry, I think some1 posted a thread with "extreme slow turns" which sounds like the same problem I'm having. Takes 30+ seconds easily between turns. In vanilla my turns took something like 3-7 seconds at the same turn and era.

Specs are

Intel core 2 Duo 1,86 Ghz
VIsta 36-bit
direct x 10
RAM 2 gb
Nvidia Geforce 8800 Gt

I play on low/med settings and I reduced all to minimum and didnt help either so It can't be that.

Didn't see ur thread when I did mine but I made a similar thread with "slow turns". I'm having the exact same problem. Taking 30+ seconds between turns. When I play multiplayer with friend his turns end wayyy before mine.

There was thread on 2k forums about this couple weeks ago. 2k Greg suggest to do these things:

1. Open up your config.ini (My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/)
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

I did this and didn't work for me! But it might for some1 : )

I hope some1 can help with this problemo.

Even I did the same thing, it's a little bit more reactive, without this trick it takes about 45 seconds to load, it's unacceptable! I don't think i have to buy a new processor again xD ok it's not the best in the world but it can load without problem battlefield 3 and others...
Anyway another possible solution is to disable animations but i don't know...

Well I have intel core 2 duo 1,86 Ghz

Vanilla turns took 3-7 seconds (at the same turn) now takes 30+ seconds. Though I remember once vanilla had this kind of problem fixed by a patch later on.

So Its not ur processor. I play low/medium settings, changed all to lowest, no effect.

EDIT: I tried with animations off. Didn't have any effect.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

IIRC there should be some settings in the .ini file to define with how many threads the game should rune (if gamecore threading is enabled).
Maybe you should both try to change something there.

; Controls the threading strategy: (0=default,1=no display lists,2=one DL per command set, 3=split mode, 4=aggregate mode)
ThreadingMode = 0

; Number of commands per diplay list to aim for in SPLIT and AGGREGATE thread modes
TargetJobSize = 100

Maybe one of this two?

Do the changes apply immediatily or do we need to start a whole new game and run back to turn 200+ to test again? :)

I might go and just start a new game with something changed... Keep the ideas coming :p

Some new ideas guys?

Seems like we're on our own :)

I was wondering, do u experience this issue in multiplayer or single player or both?

I mainly play multi only so my issues r there, haven't singled up to that ppoint..
Have u tried asking directly from 2k staff or something? I was wondering whether I should e-mail them or not.... they mostly likely wont help but maybe they at least take it into account.... or just delete the post without reading :scan:

Try to e-mail at them, maybe they can examinate some savegames, while i'll try to play an entire game without saving, someone told me that the problem is in the "garbage" save

Top Bottom