Faerun from The Forgotten Realms (Conquests, 224x200)

Tr0x,

Awesome work, i'm a D&D gamer, and i had to register and give thanks to you to this great-great map. A Full-sized Faerun planet map would be ask too much ?

One thing, i oppened the Sea of Fallen Star to reach the Sea via Vilhon Reach (between the shattered peaks) with coast tiles, it hurts, but it's needed since rivers are non traveable and AI simply was not using the Sea of Fallen Stars. I also placed a galley with the start area of the Dutch, to these poor people don't suffer in it's confine space. (Lanthan Islands). I'll make some other adjusts to the resourcers according with the books, but what i had confered even this is well accurate. awesome !

Welcome to the CivFanatics Boards, King Morius. Nice to see some D&D gamers on the boards. Keep thinking that it would be interesting to try and post the World of Greyhawk as a map, if I could stay out of trouble with Hasbro and Wizards of the Coasts. Not sure that the Dutch, whom I am playing in my current game, need a galley, as the curragh is available immediately, and I have it set to the same transport capability as the galley.

Well, i didn't have twinked in the Curragh, so it continue to transport no units, but it's a very good idea to make this change, i will work on that, thanks ! Ad thankyou for the welcoming, i'm a Civ player since Civilization 2, though i had experienced Colonization before. I'm playing civ III in Warlord dificult, and i have some dificulties in besting the AI, yeah i'm a hell lame...

About the change on the sea of fallen stars, it's working nicely, i had placed england in the coast to it don't be reassignd near shore.

It would be cool to see some Greyhawk love in civ III, if you are working on it, please don't stop ! But i'm really, really dying and killing for an Ravenloft map, it would be an smaller map, maybe 100x100 and with the interesting challenge to work out the islands and clusters lost on the mists, would be great to make mists a new tile too !

Have to see about getting a Ravenloft map, and then looking it over. I live near Lake Geneva, where TSR used to be located, and did some work for them in the past. Sorry that Gary is no longer with us. I knew him a bit, and work with Chris Clark of Hekaforge, who was doing Gary's most recent stuff.

A major bump on this map. I am back to playing on it, and it is a fun map to play on. All of the roads connecting the various civilizations make it a bit challenging. If you download it, I would recommend removing a bunch of the barbarians, and/or reducing them from Raging to Roaming to speed the game up a bit. I have modified it to use Pounder's Resource pack, which gives you more options for resources, like having Mammoth be a requirement for the Viking Berserk. Reducing the number of civilizations in the game also speeds it up. Presently, given my computer set-up, 6 civilizations work okay. I have used Steph's Editor to increase the size of the map a bit to give more room to the East and West edges. I strongly recommend the map for some fun, as well as testing new ideas on a big map with a lot of water and islands.

One thing has not changed. As soon as I contact India, Gandhi declares war on me. We sign a peace treaty, and he is back at it in a couple of turns. I need to figure out what to do with him.

Top Bottom